Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't start the 60day free period!

Solved!

Can't start the 60day free period!

I have recently registered to Spotify, and wanted to try out this ongoing offer of 60 days free premium.

When I click the Upgrade link, I am taken to this site:

https://www.spotify.com/uk/purchase/panel/?country=GB#__main-extended-creditcard

And from here, the site is unresponsive. If I enter my credit card details, I am redirected to a page, which says this:

"You need to enable Javascript in order to proceed through the purchase flow."

If I choose, to use paypal as a payment method, the URL chances to:

https://www.spotify.com/uk/purchase/panel/?country=GB#__main-billing-paypal

but nothing is changing on the site, I cannot enter my paypal details.

The last option on the top is not working either. 

Obviously the javascript is enabled, and I used Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox (this one on PC, Linux, and MacOS) and all of the browsers show this error message.

I was really excited about this 60 day trial period, and I thought it would be nice, but it looks like it's just a marketing trick, and false advertising. (I hope I'm mistaken, and it's just a mistake)

/thanks

Gyula

Capture.PNG
26 Replies

I disabled uBlock Origin on the offer page and it worked. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hey

I have the same problem w/ purchasing 3 months for 0,99 €. It tells me to activate Javascript, but Javascript is active in my browser, I already turnt it off and on a few times, my account name is ghm01.

SpotifyJavascript.jpg

Thank you, solution person!! They have this "3 months for the price of 1" now, and it said that javascript was disabled. I went to ABP and clicked "deactivate on spotify.com", and it worked 😄 thanks man 😄

thank you!! this finally worked for me 

Incognito mode worked for me.

Incognito with Chrome works

Had the same issue but Firefox wouldn't allow me to even enable javascript so I tried this solution to diable AdBlockPlus and Kaspersky and it worked just fine afterwards. Kinda misleading and odd to see the suggestion to reinstall a browser... but, this did work for me, running the latest version of FF as of 1/17/2016

Suggested posts