Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Canceled subscription still charged me $9.99 USD. No response from support.

Solved!

Canceled subscription still charged me $9.99 USD. No response from support.

On 3/5/12, I had logged in to cancel my trial subscription of Spotify before I was charged for it again. Then, on 3/6/12, I received an email saying that I was charged $9.99, anyway. I logged in again, and for some reason my account is acting as if it was never canceled in the first place.

I need my account properly canceled, and the $9.99 reversed, as I do not intend to continue using Spotify.

It is now 3/11/12, and I have still not received any response from Spotify Support. My case number is 301203. I will only allow until 3/14/12 before I dispute the charge with PayPal, as more than a week is plenty of time for somebody to respond to my support query. 

279 Replies

Hey O2 - I can see you've already filled out the contact form which is perfect. You should already have some responses in your inbox. 

Let me know if you haven't received those messages yet. 

I am getting fed up myself. I cancelled my account in September & deleted Spotify from my iPhone. Stupid me, I didn't look closely at my bill from September. I just caught a $9.99 charge for October and September. I logged into my account online and see that they still have me listed as a premium account user.  

I have since contacted support 3 times, but no response whatsoever. It seems like the contact page is a hoax. It states at the bottom, "Please be patient, submitting can take a while. Click the button once and wait for the confirmation." However, no confirmation EVER comes. It just resets the page and clears it of all the information that you've filled in. No confirmation email comes to your account... nothing. I don't get a case number as some people have described below.

This is beyond frustrating. I feel like the only recourse I have is to dispute the charges with my credit card company and repeatedly let all my friends know that they should never, ever pay to use spotify or try to use the spotify premium, ever.

-Carolyn

Follow up 2 years later: just contact your credit companies & report the fraud. Spotify never responds or corrects it. The only way I got my money back & them to stop charging me was to file a fraud report with my company & show them I had received a confirmation my premium account had been cancelled.

hey I actually reinstated my subscription then its not like before I am limited with music I can listen to on stations and its telling me I cannot listen to tracks its only available to Premium users which I am how do I fix this?!?!

Hi, I have had the same problem, I cancelled in July and am still being charged £9.99, no response from support and just seen I've been charged again this month.

When I subscribed a premium member for a month, I directly canceled it for the next month, so it woudn't continue.

But it is charged anyway. I try to get it back via Paypal

Hi everyone - All payment/ cancellation queries need to go via our contact form. That way our payments team can handle your issue directly. 

If you've received an automated message directing you back to the Community, simply reply again. Your email will definitely reach us. 

@babaker287 - Are you still having trouble with your account? I can confirm that Premium subscription has gone through for you. 

The contact form does not appear to work. It just resets itself when you click on submit. I attempted on 3 different occasions to contact via this form. It says submitting takes a while & to wait for confirmation but NOTHING happens except for the page being cleared.

I contacted my credit card company & disputed the charges b/c I've received no contact from spotify to date.

I cancelled AGAIN & have taken photos of all the pages showing it was cancelled.

I'm going to contact the federal consumer financial protection bureau if I get charged again.

Cdrouin - I can't see any emails in our system, I'm afraid. When you send an email through, you'll be given a case number. Did this happen at all?

If not, could you try contacting our payments team again? Just head here. They'll then get back to you as soon as they can.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

i was trying to get the free subscription for premium and i looked and it said that my account had been charged $9.99. i want my moeny refunded asap as it just sent my bank account into a negative balance

@sandy1111m wrote:

i was trying to get the free subscription for premium and i looked and it said that my account had been charged $9.99. i want my moeny refunded asap as it just sent my bank account into a negative balance

You will need to contact the payments team using the online contact form to get this sorted 😉

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

. i  filled out the form and everything and got my case number. its 00392145. im needing my money refunded like now. my bank account went into a negative balance and if its not put back within the next few hours they will charge me an additional $25.00

Response times are normally within 48 hours. 

Peter

Peter

but i need a response like now. my boyfriend is going to flip if he gets charged even more

Hi sandy1111m - Thanks for getting in touch. @Hammeh is right, the contact form is the best way to handle this. 

The good news is I can confirm your case has reached us. A member of our payments team will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Please keep an eye on your inbox (and spam filter) for us. 

well can someone contact me soon. i do not wish to delete my spotify account completely. i just wish to cancel the subscription i didnt want and get my money bck. im not even able to use it at the moment as i do not have any audio on my computer. im just wanting my money back for the premium subscription

This happened to me as well and I can't get anyone from Spotify to respond -- so I would appreciate any response here, in turn.

On this very account I am posting with, I cancelled the Spotify Premium trial just a day or two after I signed up about a month ago, but somehow it switched back to an activated state without my knowledge, as Paypal just charged me yesterday anyway.

I've gone back into the account and disabled it yet again, and I've also re-disabled the subscription from Paypal's end as well. Is there any way to receive a refund for this charge? I don't understand how Spotify can say that a user won't be charged again but then activate the account without that user's knowledge.

Thank you.

EDIT: I've also sent a report via the Contact form.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

As this is a payment query, it will need to be dealt with over the contact form/email. 

If you get an automated email reply directing you back to the community, be sure to reply directly to that email so an agent will pick up your case and someone will get back to you as soon as possible, normally within 48 hours. 

Spotify would not switch your account back to an active state, therefore I am guessing something must have gone wrong when you where trying to cancel the subscription. 

Peter

Peter

Thanks for the very quick response.

I have received one email from the account titled "Contacting the Spotify Support Team"  which states at the bottom, "This is an automated e-mail so please don't reply to it." Are you saying that another email should arrive at some point?

You should do. 

If you don't hear anything back within 48 hours, post your case number here (I will get an email about it) and I will pass it onto the community staff to make sure someone looks into it for you. 

Peter

Peter

I am also having this problem.  I canceled my subscription and have been getting charged for the last 5 months.  When I try to contact them, the 877 number hangs up on me and I can't use the contact form online as it doesn't work.  I feel like I have been majorly scammed!

Suggested posts