Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancelled subscription, got reset to Free immediately

Cancelled subscription, got reset to Free immediately

Hi all,

I just cancelled my Premium subscription and got reset to Free within seconds (in my account settings and in my desktop application). I think I should be able to use Premium for the remaining period that I paid for. How can I resolve this? Thank you in advance for your answer. 🙂

3 Replies

Hey @jdek,

When was your last payment? Normally, within your Subscription page you could see until when you should have Premium, which usually is 30 days from your last payment.

You can fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to sort things out within 24-48 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

According to Spotify's help page concerning cancellation, you should be reverted after any remaining premium time runs out. Did you cancel right before the subscription would have refreshed, or did you cancel with time remaining?

Here is the link to the help page for additional information: support.spotify.com

Thank you both for replying. Before cancelling, it said on the subscription page that my subscription would be renewed at 4/2/17. However, my last payment took place on 2/7/17. So obviously I don't have the right to use Premium until 4/2/17, but today is still not 30 days from 2/7/17. I guess I will contact support for this, thanks again.

Suggested posts