Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Cannot Login

Cannot Login

A couple days ago Spotify logged me out of all of my devices. It started showing me error code 404, telling me my login had failed. I have always logged in through Facebook and this is no longer working for me. I know my Facebook information is still correct as I have tried logging out and back in and even removing the Spotify app from there and trying to reconnect it. When I try from my Mac it tells me "desktop communication has failed (when I try hitting the "login with Facebook" button). Now when I try just logging in on Spotify with my Facebook credentials, it tells me I have already created an account with that email and will not let me sign in. I seem to be at a dead end and am not sure where to go from here.
Thanks for the help!

Quick side note... This is not the account I am having trouble with. Since I could not log into the other one, I had to create a new one to post this.
3 Replies

Quick side note.... I had to create a new account to post this... This is not the account I am having trouble with! Thanks again.

I am having the same issue (currently on an account set up to respond to this, like yourself)...

I contacted Spotify via twitter and their response:

"We’ve sent an email your way to explain that the password you use for Spotify has been proactively reset. There’s more information in the email, and feel free to give us a shout if you have any concerns /AK"

Now, because of this I realise that the email address I signed up with years ago is now no longer in use... Therefore I have no way of accessing the email to see what is going on! They havent responded to my numerous follow up messages. Like yourself I can no longer access anything to do with that account! So is your email address you signed up with still active?

I will let you know what Spotify say if they ever get back to me...

Suggested posts