Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot activate my account after factory reset

Cannot activate my account after factory reset

I joined Spotify Premium 2 months ago but had to do a factory reset on my Android. I downloaded the app again entering the same email and password but I have lost all my playlist and when do a recovery I am told I do not have any playlists to recover what can I do to fix my account and get my old Spotify back.  thanks very much.

3 Replies

Hello @WeeWee10

Sounds like you created a duplicate account by mistake and are logging in with it on your android phone. Don't worry this is a common problem. There are few things you can try to find your main account:

• If you're on Premium, try signing out and back into the app. 
    • If it says Free, check the receipt Spotify send to your email inbox. Make sure you're signing in with the username on that receipt. If the username on your receipt is a 10 digit number, please sign in with your Facebook login details.

If you've tried all the steps above, please click here. It will then take you through a survey to point you in the right direction

Hey Jsannn - thanks for the advice but still no cigar. I STUPIDLY changed
my username from the long generated to one of my own. Now what shud I do?
Thanks- Lee (WeeWee10)

Changing your username should not have any affect on your login details. You should use email and password to login. Are you seeing the same thing while logging in with a browser. Or your playlists are missing only on your phone ?

Suggested posts