Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change account country or payment method

Cannot change account country or payment method

Hi - I see other posts on this topic but am unable to reply to them. Very frustrated trying to retain my Premium account within the 14 day time frame. The system seems to lock me into a catch-22. 

I am originally from the UK but now live in the US but cannot update my account country or payment method. 

Steps I have tried:

1. Change county via account > Option to change country is greyed out

2. Change country via payment options > will not allow me to enter a US credit card as my country is still set as United Kingdom

3. Check my IP Address (https://whatismyipaddress.com/) reads my laptop as in New York so as per the guidance it should have already update to US over UK. 

Help please this is driving me mad. 

3 Replies

Hi, @jenfuller!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Just to make sure, could you try clearing your browser's caché/cookies, and refreshing it? Also, using an incognito window or a different browser/device could be helpful.

Let us know how it goes. 

I have the same problem. It's a vicious circle. Horrible. Help pls.

No this didn't work. I ended up reverting to a free account and then resetting up as premium. I imagine this has probably meant that I've paid for the subscription earlier than I should have done and also likely that the premium rate has increased since my prior subscription so I'm happy it's solved but remain irritated by the whole thing.

Suggested posts