Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change country

Solved!

Cannot change country

I know this has been asked many times before, but the process does not seem to be the same for me. I'm trying to relocate my Norwegian premium account to Romania, but when I try to update the subscription payment details, I'm given this message

Capture.PNG

without a link for changing the country to Romania, as I've seen in other threads.

Is cancelling premium, changing the country and then resubscribing the only solution?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I ended up cancelling my subscription. Once on Free, I changed my country and then resubscribed to Premium. This worked without issues.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi @bobi_2k3!

Don't worry. Head over here for useful info about changing your country.

Let us know how it goes. 

1. Log into your account page on the Spotify website
  2. Select "Subscription" in the left panel
  3. Press "Update Details"
  4. Press "..." for more options
  5. Press "Change Country" and select the country you want
  6. Choose a payment method from the new country
  7. Confirm by pressing "Change Payment Details"

Like this? Then Like it! ; ) 

Hope this helps!

~ Paige

Unfortunately, I have already tried the steps provided in the first link, and couldn't get anywhere. As for the 2nd answer, I'm not seeing the three dots mentioned anywhere...

This is what I'm getting after trying to input my card info (I have removed the data in the fields)

Capture.PNG

Hi I'm the same sitution, did you figure it out how to do it? 

Thank you

Nope. It looks like I will have to resort to cancelling my premium subscription, change my country, and then resubscribe

##- Please type your reply above this line sorry its not working out. 😢
hopefully this issue can be resolved sometime for other people in the same
spot... Sorry you have to delete your account... Good luck though! -##
Marked as solution

I ended up cancelling my subscription. Once on Free, I changed my country and then resubscribed to Premium. This worked without issues.

Glad to hear that! Good thing your not having troubles anymore. Happy listening! 

Suggested posts