Premium

Country

usa

Device

(Samsung Galaxy s10+)

Operating System

(Windows 10.)

My Question or Issue

Recently I've had a breach and would like to change my e-mail but the option isn't available when I go to edit profile on the account page I've also followed the steps to disconnect my Facebook to attempt to try change things on my account to make things more secure but I can't disconnect that either can I get any kind of help on this? and to clarify it's not the options are greyed out or anything it's that the options to change or disconnect anything literally doesn't exist.

5 Replies

Hey there @Keoushe

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Have you tried opening the page in a private/incognito window? This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. If that doesn't do the trick try again in a different kind of browser. 

It's also a good idea to check if your Facebook data are allowed for processing by Spotify. You can do this by following the steps here

In case you don't see some of the features on the desktop app, we suggest a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device. We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

I tried the steps for the incognito browser and logged in using the usual method but the results are still the same from the looks of it I tried to change my e-mail and there was nothing I was able to click like before.

The Facebook data is allowed for processing I was able to look into that on the Spotify site.

I also performed a clean install but to no avail, I see no new features in the places they are supposed to be so I'm still at a loss.

is it possible after this is sorted out that I could change my login method but like a different e-mail but keep the Facebook features? that's all after the previous questions are answered though.

Hi @Keoushe,

Thanks for getting back to us! 

Is your account created through Facebook or through the Spotify website? In other words - do you log in with Facebook or with your email/username and password?

Let us know!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I login using Facebook. I've had a problem with security in the past and changed the e-mail for the facebook but that didn't stop them this time around.

Hello @Keoushe,

Looking at your screenshots, it appears that your account was created through Facebook. It’s not possible to change the email address on accounts created this way, but you do have the option to create a new account without Facebook and transfer your music following the steps here.

If you prefer to keep your old account, you can reach out to support as described here. They'll be happy to help you update your email address.

Give us a shout, if you need help with anything else.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts