NEXT STEP

closing account

Solved!

closing account

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

can't seem to close my account and when I receive a message to confirm i do not the a button the click on to confirm closure 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @user-removed, 

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Your post is empty but from the title I assume that you'd like to close your account.

If that's the case, make sure to follow the steps provided in this support article

If you have any further questions feel free to ask! 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thanks for letting me know @user-removed! 

Are you on Premium subscription or do you use Free account?

Could you also let me know if you reached out to the customer support?

They should be able to help you close your account.

Keep me posted! 

Marked as solution

Hello @user-removed, 

Thanks for confirming that you're using Spotify Free! 

In this case yo can find a link to the contact form the article on how to close your account under the If you’re on free Spotify section. 

• Go to the contact form, 
  • Pick Account
  • Click I want to close my account, 
  • Choose CLOSE ACCOUNT,
  • Under the Sure you need to close? click the blue CLOSE ACCOUNT button, 
  • If the correct account shows on the overview, click CONTINUE
  • In the next step you need to confirm you understand what closing your account involves by checking the I understand box and next clicking CONTINUE.
  • Check your email to close your account. Click the link in the email in the green CLOSE MY ACCOUNT button. 

The link will expire after 24 hours. If you didn’t receive the email, make sure to check your spam folder.

I hope it helps! 

Marked as solution

Hi @user-removed, 

Thanks for clarifying!

Could you open your email service in an incognito/private mode of your browser and then open the Spotify email to see if the button is there?

Let me know how it goes! 

Marked as solution

Hi @user-removed, 

For more details on Your Library, make sure to check this article.

If you use desktop, you can find the library in the left column. 

Here is some useful info as well. 

If you still can't see the button, even in the incognito mode, I'd recommend getting in touch with someone from the customer service.

Choose Account > Other > I still need help > describe your issue there > Send question.

There you can chat live to one of Spotify's customer support advisors. If the chat advisors are busy helping other customers, the'll email you back as soon as they can.

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

18 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @user-removed, 

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Your post is empty but from the title I assume that you'd like to close your account.

If that's the case, make sure to follow the steps provided in this support article

If you have any further questions feel free to ask! 

thank you so much for the reply

Hi @user-removed, 

You're welcome!

Thank you for accepting my answer as solution. 

Have a great day! 

can I edit my question I asked

Hi @user-removed, 

You can click the three dots near the topic and edit your post. 

I hope it helps!

thank you found it and edited my post

No problem @user-removed!

Were you able to close your account after following the steps from the article I linked in my first response? 

no Emilia and don't know what else to do

no Emilia it didn't work
Marked as solution

Thanks for letting me know @user-removed! 

Are you on Premium subscription or do you use Free account?

Could you also let me know if you reached out to the customer support?

They should be able to help you close your account.

Keep me posted! 

I use Free account
how do I reach customer support
Marked as solution

Hello @user-removed, 

Thanks for confirming that you're using Spotify Free! 

In this case yo can find a link to the contact form the article on how to close your account under the If you’re on free Spotify section. 

• Go to the contact form, 
  • Pick Account
  • Click I want to close my account, 
  • Choose CLOSE ACCOUNT,
  • Under the Sure you need to close? click the blue CLOSE ACCOUNT button, 
  • If the correct account shows on the overview, click CONTINUE
  • In the next step you need to confirm you understand what closing your account involves by checking the I understand box and next clicking CONTINUE.
  • Check your email to close your account. Click the link in the email in the green CLOSE MY ACCOUNT button. 

The link will expire after 24 hours. If you didn’t receive the email, make sure to check your spam folder.

I hope it helps! 

thank you so much

the problem is when I receive an email from you I do not see the green button to confirm to close my account

the problem is i have followed all the steps to close my account many times and replied to emails sent to me, but like I have mentioned there is no green button attached to email where I can click to confirm closure
Marked as solution

Hi @user-removed, 

Thanks for clarifying!

Could you open your email service in an incognito/private mode of your browser and then open the Spotify email to see if the button is there?

Let me know how it goes! 

no I can't and also where do i find my library of songs i saved
Marked as solution

Hi @user-removed, 

For more details on Your Library, make sure to check this article.

If you use desktop, you can find the library in the left column. 

Here is some useful info as well. 

If you still can't see the button, even in the incognito mode, I'd recommend getting in touch with someone from the customer service.

Choose Account > Other > I still need help > describe your issue there > Send question.

There you can chat live to one of Spotify's customer support advisors. If the chat advisors are busy helping other customers, the'll email you back as soon as they can.

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

I have contacted customer support but they were not useful to my problem. They told me what to do but have already did through their link they sent me but still can't see green button to click on to confirm and never found the songs I supposedly saved. This is being time consuming as I go back and for with the Community & Customer Services for help. And I only want to remove my account.
why is it so hard to do when I follow the instructions on page but your emails do not give me the option to confirm

Suggested posts