Cannot login with reset password

Plan

Premium

Device

MacBook Pro 2019

Operating System

macOS Catalina

My Question or Issue

I cannot log in to Spotify. I go Reset Password, and I type in a new password in the browser page. It confirms I've changed my password, and redirects me so that I am logged in. But then I cannot actually use my password with spotify to log in somewhere else (like the desktop app)! It always says username/password incorrect, error auth:2. 

I know that I am typing in the exact same password that I used to reset with. This is also highly annoying because I can't reuse a password once I use it. Basically, for some reason, I am unable to log in despite 10+ password resets (performed over the past several days).

Other than logging in to the browser by way of resetting my password every time, the only way I can use Spotify is on my other computer which is still logged in on the desktop or on my phone, which is also logged in (and also there I can log in through email).

Something is seriously broken for me.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @victor69420,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

If the app bisn't accepting your email/password combination, please give it a try logging with your username/password. In this article you can find the steps to find your username.

You can also try logging with other options such as Facebook login, phone number, etc.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @victor69420,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

If the app bisn't accepting your email/password combination, please give it a try logging with your username/password. In this article you can find the steps to find your username.

You can also try logging with other options such as Facebook login, phone number, etc.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

MafeGModerator

Ok that seemed to work. Thanks.

You're more than welcome @victor69420!

Happy to hear you were able to log in.

You're always welcome back to the Community if you need more help or want to talk about music or podcasts!

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts