Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot update an incorrect email without logging in with an email

Cannot update an incorrect email without logging in with an email

Tried logging in using all other methods and none of them were linked. The email in use is an email I’m assuming has been randomly generated yet when I try to change it it just comes up with an error message. All online help needs you to be logged in so I’m just being sent around in circles. Even had to log in on my husbands account just to post this.
1 Reply

Hey there, 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

If you've already tried all log in methods (email addresses, phone numbers, Google, Facebook, Apple) to no avail, we'd suggest going to the password reset page and trying to enter possible email addresses you own, if you haven't already. When you enter an email that's registered with Spotify, you'll get the message that the password reset email was sent. If you're able to find the account and you still need to update the email registered in it, you can do so by following the steps in this article.

In case this doesn't do the trick, you can reach out directly to our Support team here. They can take a look backstage to provide further help if possible.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts