Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cant change location

Solved!

Cant change location

I live in New Zealand and have an New Zealand IP address, but I am unable to change my location from the United states, and therefor having problems logging in. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @dylanwindybank, welcome to the community!

Are you using any kind of VPN in your device?

If not, please log out and then back in. Next, head to your account profile. If you're in the country you'd like to change it to, you'll be able to. Simple. It's based on your current IP address.

If you're not in the country you'd like to change it to or you're having trouble with the first step, you can change the country with your payment details here. Your payment details will need to be from the country you'd like to change to. It's just to verify you're actually from there.

Let me know if this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @dylanwindybank, welcome to the community!

Are you using any kind of VPN in your device?

If not, please log out and then back in. Next, head to your account profile. If you're in the country you'd like to change it to, you'll be able to. Simple. It's based on your current IP address.

If you're not in the country you'd like to change it to or you're having trouble with the first step, you can change the country with your payment details here. Your payment details will need to be from the country you'd like to change to. It's just to verify you're actually from there.

Let me know if this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hello,

my name is lucca I am currently studing abroad in spain from Australia.

My ip adress has changed to spain therefore my country (in spotify settings) has changed to spain.

I want to aceppt my family invatation to spotify premum but it wont let me as my location is not in Australia.

I have tryed to go into my account and change the location settings but it wont give me any other option from spain.

And I cant change it with my card details as I am on a free accout but want to accept the family invitation.

Please help. 🙂

Hi @lucca-declario!

As long as you are in Spain, you won't be able to accept the invitation. All members must reside at the same address in order to be part of the Family plan. If you were in Australia when the invitation was sent, you would be able to activate your Premium, and it would work just fine anywhere in the world.

My suggestion is that you wait until your next time in Australia to accept the invitation... 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts