Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change email address

Change email address

I currently log in to spotify with a @hotmail.co.uk username, which I set up around 10 years ago connected with my facebook account. On facebook, I have since updated my email address to my @gmail.com email address.

As my spotify account is connected to my facebook account, it won't let me change my email address log in on spotify from @hotmail.co.uk to @gmail.com, despite the fact that the facebook log in has been updated since I registered with both spotify and facebook.

I want to upgrade to premium but using my @gmail.com account as username standalone from my facebook account (which I don't use).

As an aside, whenever I try and "continue with facebook" on my iphone 8 uisng my existing details it goes to a page saying "you previously logged in to Spotify with Facebook ... would you like to continue?". This then logs me in through my girlfriend's facebook account into her spotify account (she briefly borrowed my phone previously) and I have no other options on using my own facebook account.

Grateful for you assistance on both points!

Thanks

Ted

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed 

Check this support page here.

Since you created your Spotify account with Facebook, you need to create a new account with a different email address from the one you use for Facebook. That will give you a Spotify username, so you won't have to rely on a Facebook account.

You playlists can be copy-pasted in your new account, by sharing your old playlists before closing it permanently. That way you won't miss any music you might have.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts