Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change username

Solved!

Change username

Hello! I created my Spotify account with Facebook so it gave me random numbers and letters as a username. It's rather long and I want to change it. I've read the the Help comitte and the solution was to make a new account. I've had my current Spotify account for a while, plus I'm linked to a premium family plan. Making a new account would mean I'd lose all my playlists, songs, and would take up a lot of time to transfer everything onto the new account. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

You can change your username by creating a new account with the username of your choice. Once you've done that, you can get in touch with the Spotify support team using the online contact form and they can transfer your music, playlists, and followers over to your new username/account.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

You can change your username by creating a new account with the username of your choice. Once you've done that, you can get in touch with the Spotify support team using the online contact form and they can transfer your music, playlists, and followers over to your new username/account.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

@noah-striker Thanks for the tip! I followed your advice and it worked! I wanted to change but I did not want to lose my playlists and my folowers the only thing I lost was my Facebook friends but this was a decision I made in closing my FB account ...

Cheers

JB

you actually can't do that, I've created like 5 accounts now with different names, and it constantly gives me random letters and numbers as my username

Hey @uugc-y_wua9k,

Welcome to the community!

In order to improve the overall Spotify experience, Spotify is now automatically generating usernames, hence the random numbers and letters.

You don’t need to remember this to log in. You can log in with just your password and the email address associated with your account.

During sign up, you can personalize your account by creating a profile name that’s displayed in the app and on your Spotify profile and playlists. There are no limitations to a profile name, so you can choose any you like.

For more information, check out this support article: Change Username

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Suggested posts