Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change your avatar picture without facebook ( HOW TO)

Solved!

Change your avatar picture without facebook ( HOW TO)

Facebook is not the only option to change your avatar picture

How?
1. find out your user-id.. its is in bar were the webadress is when you logged in on spotify.com
it is a 6 sigure number in my case. Think it will always be numbers

2.  copy this link and paste your user-id at the end of it
https://community.spotify.com/t5/user/v2/avatarselectorpopuppage/user-id/  ---your user-id---

it will look something like this
https://community.spotify.com/t5/user/v2/avatarselectorpopuppage/user-id/069483

3. select the picture you want to upload and cut the picture if you want to

4. Tadaaa without facebook you can set your profile picture

MOD EDIT: 

Hey everyone

Just to clear up any confusion, this post was originally started with a handy way to upload your own picture to the Spotify Community, and use it as your avatar.

Currently, the only way to have your own image within the Spotify app is by connecting your account to Facebook.

If you'd like to see this feature in the future, make sure you add your Kudos and feedback here.

Thanks a lot.

Schermafbeelding 2014-01-24 om 11.31.52.png
41 Replies

Your Little cheat code thing doesn't work it will not show my number so I can't use it in the first place

And To Spotify instead of sitting on you fat arses watching television and eating McDonalds how about changing it so you can upload your own profile picture or are your programmers to bad at coding (probably the case)

If the majority of people said no don't change then don't change but that is not the case.

I think what is really the case is that facebook is paying you to keep it that way. I can't believe you would lower yourself to being kept alive by facebook. Relly Spotify this is just sad.

That solution is bull**bleep**. I tried and denied any ways possible. Dumbass!

Spotify is totally on drugs. Switching buttons to what they are not meant to be done and making the program more horible than an iPhone. By the way, using the app with a free account doesent let you play your own music. Even nokia phones have another problem because you cant log in on nokia without a premium account. Idiot.

By the way, spotify just cheats on trying to make it the "best" music community by shuffling buttons that has another effect than what the button says, **bleep**.

This is all bull why give people crap that doesn't work I can't believe you got four kudos or maybe you gave them to yourself

Eight and a half billion dollar company your unable to subscribe to in full capacity without Facebook.

Okay so Spotify now you can add videos and podcasts to your application but for some reason it is too hard to allow your users to have their own profile pictures. IS THIS A **bleep**ING JOKE!

Good to know Spotify doesnt listen to its community... yes yes i know insert diplomatic diffusing quip to apease us that your Really Really Are listening here...  Look Spotify. Actions speak louder than words. 

So a week or so ago I tweeted @SpotifyCares about this issue and this is what they wrote back. 

So it is pretty obvious they dont give a **bleep** about their users.

IMG_1964.jpg

I suggest that everyone contacts them on Twitter and demands this feature. My guess is they don't even read these threads. So let's just annoy the **bleep** out of them until the do something.

no. i will not waste another moment on them. apple has their special event within a few hours. once they talk about their new streaming service, i will deleted spotify from my macbook pro and pc at home and move on with my life. i hope to see everyone over on the apple side.

I completely agree. I can not wait to see what apple has to offer in the next couple of hours. Once it becomes available to use I will be deleting spotify and moving on to Apple Music.

Saw what Apple Music was all about and I am now leaving Spotify. **bleep** off spotify thanks for the **bleep**ty way you treat your paying customer base.

You should be able to add a profile picture without Facebook. Some users don't have or want a Facebook.

I'm not a guy who gives myself a like/kudos.

Pretty obvious. Because of so much crap, I stopped using spotify.

I don't use apple. Here's why:
1. Mac is not a gaming computer, and I'm a gamer.
2. IPhone makes it hard to install apps from other places that App Store.
3. It's hard ass hell installing music for free without adventisements.

Wrong.

how u do it bro?

Suggested posts