Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing Country

Solved!

Changing Country

I have moved from Canada to Australia and would like to change my country as part of my premium subscription. I have tried following the the online help and searched in the community and the instructions provided do not work. Would like to know how to change my country and payment method (to an Australian credit card)?

Note this is the same questions as the previously solved topic below, however it is clear from my own attempts and the replies of others that this solution no longer works.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Changing-country-and-payment/td-p/1416026

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, ended up chatting with Spotify support to resolve the problem.

The solution as has been suggested in other threads is to:

1. Unsubscribe from premium

2. Edit your profile and change countries

3. Subscribe to premium and provide your new payment details

Note you will need a credit card from the country you are changing to for this to work and you will not lose your playlists, only downloaded content will disappear.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @helenebelanger,

Welcome to the community,

To change your country all you need to do is update the billing information associated with your account. Check out this support page for the instructions on how to update your billing information.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Noad-S, I had found this support page when searching how to change countries. I followed the instructions but receive an error when entering my new credit card number and postcode, it states that my postcode does not match my country but does not offer the option to change countries. Also tried putting in my previous countries postcode but this it just gives an error about the postcode not matching the credit card. As per the link to the thread I provided in my posting, it appears the instructions in this support page no longer works so looking for another solution. 

Hey @helenebelanger,

Try changing your country before changing your billing details. Here's how to change your country:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Click EDIT PROFILE
  3. Scroll down to Country and select your new country from the dropdown list.
    Note: Your new country will only show in this list when you’re actually there.
  4. Click SAVE PROFILE.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Hi Noah-S,

This works if you are not subscribed to Spotify premium (which I am). For premium subscribers, on the edit profile page the country is greyed out and below it provides a link to the support article you provided in your first response which unfortunately does not work. The only solution I can think of without Spotify actually fixing the problem is to unsubscribe, change countries and then resubscribe. However this runs the risk of me losing my playlists which I am not prepared to take. 

Marked as solution

Ok, ended up chatting with Spotify support to resolve the problem.

The solution as has been suggested in other threads is to:

1. Unsubscribe from premium

2. Edit your profile and change countries

3. Subscribe to premium and provide your new payment details

Note you will need a credit card from the country you are changing to for this to work and you will not lose your playlists, only downloaded content will disappear.

Hey @helenebelanger,

Sorry for the late response, I'm glad to hear that you've resolved this issue 🙂

Have a great day 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/track/5Hroj5K7vLpIG4FNCRIjbP

NoahSpotify Star

Suggested posts