Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing emails language?

Solved!

Changing emails language?

Plan : Premium

My Question or Issue

Since I subscribed to the premium plan, I'm recieving Spotify emails -including billing informations and Terms of Use updates- in Dutch. I don't speak a word of Dutch, I speak French which is another one of the three officials languages of Belgium.

My desktop app is currently set in English and phone app in French, so other than my billing country I don't see where this Dutch comes from.

I searched everywhere in the settings but couldn't find a way to set my prefered language. It seems according to my reseaches that people have been complaining about this issue since 2013. 

I would like to receive important information in a language I actually understand. Is there a way for me to do that? If there is not I'll kindly show myself off premium.

I apologize for the passive-aggressive tone but it is really annoying and apparently an issue that have been ignored for years.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Sounds like something that our friends at support can help you with. You can find out how to contact them here.

Good luck! If you have further questions for us, let us know.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Sounds like something that our friends at support can help you with. You can find out how to contact them here.

Good luck! If you have further questions for us, let us know.

Have a nice day.

Hello,

I have the exact same problem. I receive ALL the emails from Spotify (promotional or important information) in Dutch.

I don't speak Dutch.

I'd like to receive these emails either in my language (French) or in English, that's the same for me ; I'm not really demanding... English is just THE default and global language. But please : NO MORE DUTCH !!!!

I have complained several times about this. I've been answered that it was fixed, but every time, the next email I receive is in Dutch.

So, Spotify, I cannot believe that your system is so stupid as "one country = one language" ?? That can't be true !

I am really fed us about this. I won't continue to pay 180€ a year for a family account from a company that spites me, doesn't react, doesn't apologize.

Hey there @fbi4020

Thanks for reaching out - help’s here!

At this point it would be great if you reached out to our support team. They will be able to take it from here and provide you with the help you need. You can contact them here

Let us know how it goes. If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to get in touch.

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Idem, incompréhensible qu’il n’y ai pas d’autre solution évidente qu’à devoir contacter le siège social. Une perte de mon temps.

Me too

update please did you fix this issue? how?

I have the same issue. I live in South Africa - which has 12 official languages. Spotify sends emails in a language which only 22% of our country speaks as their mother tongue. I have always been able to communicate universally in South Africa in English when someone doesn't understand my mother tongue - which is different from the language which Spotify uses in their emails. But for some reason after reaching out to "the friends at support" there is no solution. The 78% of us which do not speak the language which Spotify has selected as their only communication language for South Africa has to copy all emails from Spotify to Google Translate to understand it. 78% of the people in South Africa using Spotify doesnt understand their emails! Imagine that for a moment.

There's no option or content in the help.pages from Spotify on how to change email language.

The accepted solution above is wrong.

My only personal solution is to unsubscribe from any email communication.

After all, this lack of feature is a disservice to Spotify: this is a real barrier to engagement. This should be a priority from the product team on service engagement and from marketing.

Suggested posts