Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing my username (WITHOUT using Facebook)

Changing my username (WITHOUT using Facebook)

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Philippines

Device

Galaxy J7 (2016)

Operating System

Android 8.1.0

My Question or Issue

Good evening,

I just set up my Spotify account, and I was surprised to see my username as a jumble of characters. While I understand this is a security measure, I could have sworn I chose a name while making my account beforehand. Is there any way I can get my "selected" name on my account instead.

And as the title says, I am not using Facebook. I never made an account on that site and I never will.

Thank you.

4 Replies

Hi there @DabbingCavalier,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

As you mentioned, Spotify generates a number as an internal username for security reasons.

However, you can always use the username you've chosen to log in + whenever other users look you up, they will view your initaily chosen username.

If you can't see it now and as you mentioned just creating the account, give it a few more hours to adjust.

If you'd like for me to look you up and send a screenshot on how it looks on another users side, feel free to do so.

Keep me posted 🙂

I'll keep you posted. Thank you.

Good afternoon,

It's been 2 days since I made my account and it's still the Security code. Now what do I do?

Hey there @DabbingCavalier,

Thanks for trying with a new account!

Can you check the advice in this post and try it? If it works out, you can use the steps here to transfer your music to the account with your preferred display name.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts