Announcements

Charged from GB instead of AUD and i got charged international fees on my credit card

Highlighted

Charged from GB instead of AUD and i got charged international fees on my credit card

Music Fan

hi, i've been charged monthly from Spotify AU, but this month i was charged by Spotify GB instead, and i got charged additional international fees. Just checking if there was a reason why this happened? 

28 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Charged from GB instead of AUD and i got charged international fees on my credit card

Roadie

Hello, and thanks for the post.

May I know the payment method you use to pay for Premium?

Speak to you soon!

Highlighted

Re: Charged from GB instead of AUD and i got charged international fees on my credit card

Music Fan
Hi, it is through PayPal
Highlighted

Roadie
Can I just confirm that you have your Paypal currency settings set to the correct country?
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable
I too have been charged an international fee this month also and it has never happened inthe past.
I am usually charged in AUD but last month i incurred a international transaction fee. Can this fee be reversed for me as it has never happened before.
I pay via PayPal
Highlighted

Music Fan

yeah it's kind of weird.. any resolution spotify?

Highlighted

Roadie

Hey guys! Sorry to learn that you have been charged this foreign transaction fee.

I've checked your accounts and can confirm that we're only charging you 11.99 AUD for your Spotify subscription. You can also see this in your Receipts page here.

This international fee was not charged by us, rather it was charged by your bank. If this is the first time you have paid this fee, I would recommend contacting your bank to find out. You can also request to have the charges reimbursed.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have further questions.

Highlighted

Music Fan

Hi, This has happened again this month. So what happened is that even though it is getting charged in AUD, I'm getting charged by your GB branch instead of our AU branch and it's making me get charged international transaction fees. Please fix it, it's deifnitely on your end. The past whole year i've been getting charged from the AU branch, only last month and this month you've changed it to the GB branch.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable
I too have been charged an international transaction fee again this month. Is it because you have moved your spotify billing to an overseas branch instead of an Australian branch? Please rectify this issue and refund the international transaction fee that i have been charged !
Highlighted

Music Fan

hi, please reply.. it's happened 2 months in a row, it says you'ure charing us from GREAT BRITAIN, so doesn't matter whether it's in AUD or not, we still get international transaction fees.. please fix or we'll have to cancel our subscription..

SUGGESTED POSTS