Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged twice

Solved!

Charged twice

After upgrading to the family plan I'm being charged twice by Spotify, once by Spotify London for the family plan, once by Spotify Stockholm for the old premium account. I would like to contact Spotify before going to the bank to chargeback. Anybody know how to do that?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, in this case then I suggest you get in touch with the Spotify staff - simply drop them a line on social media (Twitter or Facebook) or by using the contact form. Make sure, if you use the latter, to reply to the automated email you'll receive directing you back to the help pages, even if it's from a no-reply.

Support usually gets back within a day or two.

Let me know how it goes!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hi @emaren, welcome to the Spotify Community!

It seems like you have two accounts. You should cancel the old one with regular Premium.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

I highly doubt that... I've only used one email address, the same one for my premium and family plan. Is there a way to check that?

Well, there's no way to create more than one account with the same email address.

You can check your account details by clicking here. What does it say?

BittencourtSpotify Star

When I look at my account I see my Premium for Family account, the one I use all the time. I have no idea/way of accessing the "other" account that charges me for Premium only.

Ok, when you upgraded to Premium for Family, you received an email confirming the purchase, right?

Please let me know the receipt number in it so we can take a closer look at your case.

BittencourtSpotify Star

The only welcome email I still have is the "Welcome to Premium for Family" email which doesn't contain a receipt number. But in my account the first receipt for the Premium account has order ID 1306138447016. Hope that helps.

Marked as solution

Ok, in this case then I suggest you get in touch with the Spotify staff - simply drop them a line on social media (Twitter or Facebook) or by using the contact form. Make sure, if you use the latter, to reply to the automated email you'll receive directing you back to the help pages, even if it's from a no-reply.

Support usually gets back within a day or two.

Let me know how it goes!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Ive been wrongly charged twice for the last two months.

Hi @countrygaff, thanks for writing.

You can see all your payment history by clicking on the link bellow:

https://www.spotify.com/account/order-history/

If one of the charges you're referring to does not show on that list, you might have a second Spotify account.

Let me know if you need further help!

BittencourtSpotify Star

hi Bittencourt,

That would be fine but when you marry it up with my bank statements you can see that i have been paying twice, i have no need for two accounts just one dup account.

Ok @countrygaff

So you have to figure out where does this second charge is coming from, since it's not listed in your account overview. Do you have any other email address that you might have used to create an account? Or maybe a friend or someone from your family might have used your card?

Are those charges listed in your bank statements on the same date every month?

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts