Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charging the wrong card help.

Charging the wrong card help.

Hi, so, on my account details, the correct card information is entered but I'm not getting charged from that card. I've waited a few months to see if it's just that one time but I'm still getting charged on my old card even though I updated my card information. How do I stop this? 

3 Replies

Hello!
Sorry for the inconvenience 😞 Please contact Spotify support using their Twitter or contact form.
If they will reply with a no-reply email, reply to it, even though it is a no-reply.
Have a great day!

I sent a contact form since I don't have a twitter. I'm just waiting on a response.

This same thing is happening  to me.  Their clumsy solution was: 

"We've checked your account and saw that you updated your payment details last December 7th, but you're still charged on the old card number when your subscription renewed last January 5th. 

To fix this, we would need to cancel your subscription and remove your payment details."

So, I do that. I cancel my subscription. I re-subscribe, pay, and days later add a family member (which they billed me at full rate). And now? Same thing happening again with them billing my old card. 

I've reached out, again. I find it a massive security issue that they retain old cards on file and worse run them even after a customer has cancelled.  I'm awaiting a reply. What a colossal waste of time time and stress I don't need. 

Suggested posts