Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connect Spotify to a Device

Connect Spotify to a Device

I have my spotify connected to a couple of Excho devices along with my iPhone. One of the echo devices is in the lounge in my home (which is used by the family in general).

If I'm out listening to spotify on my phone and someone at home uses the echo device at home, my phone stops playing and the echo device plays. 

I want to be able to have the echo device to play independently of my iPhone and want to know if this is possible? I have a premium family account (with a couple of unallocated accounts), so want to know if I can allocate a separate account to the Echo device so it can play independently of the other family accounts... if so, does anyone know whoc I can do this, or if there's another way to have the device play independently of my iPhone?

Plan

premium

Country

uk

Device

Amazon Echo

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

3 Replies

Hi there @sowah07,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Yes, we'd recommend you create different accounts for each of the communal speakers. This way your listening experience won't be disrupted.

This way also, you won't get recommendations for songs that your family listens to, but you specifically might not enjoy.

Let us know if you have more questions. We're always a click away 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for this

At the moment the communal device is ‘registered’ to me... how do I set it up as an Independent device?

Many thanks

Hey @sowah07,

So, to set up a new Family member account:

1. First of all you'll need to create a new free account with another email address. 
  2. As you're still logged into your Master account send an invite to the E-mail address of the new account.
  3. Log out of the Master account (both from the app and the Profile page).
  4. Open up the email invitation on the new account and join the Family plan.

After that you'll need to link the new account to the existing Amazon account on your Alexa. Alternatively you can also make a new Amazon account specifically for that speaker and link the new Spotify account to that one.

That's it. 

Hope you find this info useful 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts