Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connected to facebook not changing my username

Connected to facebook not changing my username

So I looking through many post and see that I can't change my username at all but if I connect spotify account to facebook so username will change my username to my facebook name but for me it not changing I have re-login many times. Or I misunderstand about it at all ?

3 Replies

Hey @zepalz

Username and Display name are not the same. Usernames are determined when the account is created, while Display name can be linked to a Facebook profile.

If you linked your Facebook profile in order to display your name in your Spotify profile, then give it a little time to sync, and eventually your name will appear in your profile as it is in Facebook.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Im waiting for 2-3 days but my display name still not changing to my facebook's name it still my name that I set at first when I sign up 😞

Hey @zepalz.

It shouldn't take more than 48 hours before your Display name get updated to your Facebook name. You might also have to log out from the app until you see the sign-in form, then log back in from there.

If that didn't help, go to the Settings and see if under the Social section you have your Facebook profile connected properly. Perhaps you could try to disconnect and connect your Facebook profile again. You'll have to give it another 48 hours again though.

If that didn't do the trick as well, please log in on a different device and let us know if your Display name has been updated over there.

Let us know if it's still not working. Or if it did work!

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts