Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to find a Spotify profile by its id

How to find a Spotify profile by its id

A friend of mine have found a gearfit 2, a smartwatch which he has no idea who it belongs to. But he found a Spotify account id there so we tought It was possible to find the device owner's account. The id is <snip - community moderator edit>, i tried to search for user:spotify:<snip - community moderator edit> or even enter open.spotify.com/user/<snip - community moderator edit>. Does anyone have a clue how to find It? Would Spotify team help for instance contacting him in case it's under privacy policy sharing the id owner If he's nota his friend.. thank u ALL.

5 Replies

Hey @leoplana,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please post a photo of the username?

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey, thank you for answering. Im not sure I got what u want, you'd like a Photo of the device with the id I wrote in the previous post, is It right? 

Unfortunately the device battery is gone and we didnt have the chance to do so. ALL we have so far is this photo. We'll try to borrow a charger but it's not that easy. About the id, the resson i cant find the profile is cause im notebook his or her Facebook friend, right? Well, could you help us in anyway? Just wanted to give It back to the right owner

FB_IMG_1535414575238.jpg

Thanks for letting me know.

In this case, it might be better to report this to authorities such as the police, as it might be a matter of personal safety and the person might want their device back 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

What if I could send you the picture of the id I posted in the device? Didn't get what you meant when you asked me to do so. 
Unfortunately asking police to find the owner won't work, no one look for a lost item there, at all. They would probably keep it with themselves...

Are you a spotify staff member? There's no way this id owner can be contacted by Spotify team so he will know someone have found his device?

Thanks for your reply.

It's not recommended to share personal Spotify info (such as usernames) and as far as I know, there's currently no actual way to track an account's username from a smartwatch.

Lastly, thank you for your honesty regarding this matter. As previously mentioned, I still highly recommend reporting your found to the authorities.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts