Premium

Country

US

Device

Windows Store app on Desktop 

Operating System

Windows 10 

My Question or Issue

My account is a non-Facebook account. I've been trying to connect my account to FB. I open the Spotify desktop app. Click Connect to Facebook. I login to FB, which succeeds.

If I look at my settings in FB, it shows the app connection to Spotify. But the connection doesn't seem to be working. Every time I close the Spotify app the connection is lost. When I re-open Spotify, the button in Settings says Connect to Facebook.

My account used to be connected with a different FB account.

When I establish the connection to FB  and click Find Friends, it finds 0 on Spotify, which also suggests that the connection is not working correctly.

I contacted Spotify support and told all this to the support tech. He asked for my FB Spotify App ID and had me delete the app in FB settings. Poor guy really had no idea, and suggested I reinstall the Windows app, which did nothing to fix the issue.

Help!

28 Replies

Hey @Hyp3rSp4ce.

Is your account created via Facebook or only linked to Facebook afterwards?

If the latter, would it be possible to unlink and relink your account to Facebook? How did that go?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I dont see facebook in spotify 'Manage apps' tab, but I see spotify in Facebook apps list. Even after logging in through facebook, my friends list & profile pic are still not imported 

Hey there @Ma1123

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, have you created your account through Facebook or did you link your Facebook profile with your existing Spotify account?

If it's the latter, keep in mind that it may take a few days for the app to sync the info from your Facebook profile. Also, make sure that you granted all necessary permissions on your Facebook account for the app. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have had this issue from the OP for many months already, it had worked before though. I have cleaned cache, reinstalled, unlinked/linked, checked permissions in Facebook and in Spotify, have opted in and out from the Facebook data in the Spotify privacy settings... I have no idea what else to try, behavior is always the same: not loading my profile picture, name, friends and it logs out after restarting the app.

Just tried from my phone - see the behavior in the video attached.

Ok I just tried this again today and it loads my "add friends" list but not my name or profile picture and it still disconnects after closing/opening the app. I think the only change I did yesterday was enabling the Facebook data under privacy settings in Spotify. It's odd this would affect, though, it says "When you opt out of Spotify processing your Facebook data, we will stop processing any Facebook data shared with Spotify except the personal data that enables you to sign into Spotify using your Facebook account."

Hey @DaniRamosCR,

Thanks for your reply here and for the info shared. 

We'd suggest disconnecting your account again by following the steps in this article. Make sure Spotify is not linked to Facebook after that. To check this, go here and confirm that the Spotify app is removed from the list of your approved apps on Facebook.

Once you've done that, try reconnecting the apps on a different computer. If possible, you can ask for the computer of a relative or friend to open your account on the desktop app, connect it to Facebook, and check if the behavior you noticed before persists.

Give it a try, and let us know how it goes.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I followed the above steps and after that in my second computer Spotify loads my image and name but not my friends in "find friends", while in my main computer the behavior is the opposite: can load friends but I don't see my picture or name. Another person can now see me with my picture and name in her profile though.

To consider:
- In both computers I logged out, removed Spotify from Facebook apps and logged in with email, not with the FB login.

- I tried the same in my main computer and actually after logging in, nothing loads, not even the friends list in "find friends", unlike when logging through Facebook as specified previously in this post.

Even if this worked in my second computer, it's not useful as I use Spotify in my main computer almost all of the time. There is for sure something broken but this is very cumbersome to troubleshoot, it shouldn't be this defective, I think I'm giving up.

Hey @DaniRamosCR

Thanks for all the info you've sent so far. 

In this case, could you follow these specific steps to see if they make the difference? 

Keep in mind that it can take up to 48 hours before changes take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts