Highlighted

Continual "New login to Spotify" emails

Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

My Question or Issue

For the past week or so I have received numerous notification emails of "New login to Spotify" when I am not using or activating Spotify at all. When I first received these, I changed both my Facebook password and my Spotify password and logged out of all accounts. I still am receiving these emails!

I have not noticed any unusual activity on my Spotify (e.g. songs appearing in my history that I haven't listened to) and the new passwords are unique and not used on any other sites. The emails all list the United States as the location.

What is going on? Is it possible one of my devices is, unknown to me, continually logging in in the background or something? Are these spurious emails? Should I be concerned about my account and Spotify's security?

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Continual "New login to Spotify" emails

Hey there @noranne

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

In case you still experience the same after changing your password and logging out of all devices, we suggest you head to this help page. Here you'll find useful tips on how to secure your account in case of unauthorized access. 

Additional info on how to protect your Spotify account can be found here.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson
Highlighted

Re: Continual "New login to Spotify" emails

Casual Listener

Yes, I've been to that help page and I've already done all of those steps. It did not stop me from getting the emails! And there is no indication that anyone else actually *has* taken over my account, aside from the emails.

SUGGESTED POSTS