Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Convert 90-day FREE Premium to FAMILY???

Convert 90-day FREE Premium to FAMILY???

I am currently on a 90-day FREE Premium Trial that commences monthly billing on March 22, 2017.

I would like to convert my account to the FAMILY PLAN @ $14.99CDN/month but I am wondering if I do that NOW, will I lose my current 90-day FREE trial???

4 Replies

Hi, @JaedenScott!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

You can upgrade to Premium for Family anytime so there's no need to cancel your regular Premium subscription. Keep in mind that the renewal date will be brought forward since that subscription comes at a higher price.

Don't hesitate to drop us a message if you need extra help. 

Thanks @monimojica!

I think you misunderstood my question. I am asking, IF I switch to a family account, will I LOSE the free 90-day trial period that I am currently using? If I am going to LOSE the free trial period, and have to start paying the new price immediately, then I should wait until the trial period ends. Otherwise, if I can switch NOW to the family plan, and ADD the subscription to the end of the trial period, I would go ahead and sign up NOW. I'd even consider paying the marginal difference to add the Family Account to the free trial so my whole family could try it.

I can finally answer this question for everyone 🙂

I had 90-days (3 months) "free" trial premium (for 0.99 EUR) account, and during this time I upgraded to the family account. (also wanted just to see what will happen)

Start date of my 90 day trial period: 31.12.2017

Date of the upgrade to family account: 23.1.2018 (already used 24 days)

(31/3/2018 was showing as next billing date before that upgrade on that date and for 5.99 EUR)

Right after upgrade to Premium Family on 23.1.2018 renewal date changed to (8/3/2018 for 8.99 EUR) (I lost 22 days from 66 days)

This date didn't change even after adding 2 family members to my account.

Another angle, is 90 days even worth it? I will count 15 months that is 1 year (12 months) of personal premium subscription + 90 days free trial.

Let's say that you have 90 days "free" trial. I paid 0.99 EUR for that.

I'll wait to finish my 90 days free trial, so it's 0.99 EUR, and I will add 12 months of personal premium account (5.99*12) = 71.88 EUR so overall for 15 months I'll pay 72.87 EUR. Simple.

But what if your family member wants to apply right away and doesn't have the same trial as you?

Let's say I don't care about 90 days and I will apply right away for the family with just one family member, and we will split costs.

((8.99 / 2)*15)+0.99= 68,41 + I still have some 44 days for free from that 90 days offer and already used up 24 just for myself!

There is only one bill and only you are paying so you care only about that bill, "trial" is not relatable at that point to your members, they have premium as long as your 8.99 bills are monthly paid. 

Hope you find this interesting.

Screenshots show how dates changed.

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 20.52.31.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 20.54.24.png

I currently pay for my sons subscription but would like to change the premium account to family and add my free spotify account to it.  What is the best way to do this.

Suggested posts