Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Create a playlist and ask Amazon Alexa to play it

Solved!

Create a playlist and ask Amazon Alexa to play it

Hello there,

I'm using Amazon Alexa on Sonos for several days now, and it works great. A thing I would like to know if it is possible to ask Alexa to play a playlist I created myself and the settings I should choose if this is possible. Naturally it should be public, I should give it a unique name as well, but how and what's next? I didn't find an article or saw a YouTube movie on it. So just a hyperlink would be very welcome too.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Teun.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Yes, it's possible to ask Alexa to play a playlist. You can ask her to play your Discovery Weekly playlist for example. For a full list of commands, take a look at this page.

If you need help setting up Spotify on your speaker, take a look at this page.

Enjoy your music! Let us know if you have further questions.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Teun.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Yes, it's possible to ask Alexa to play a playlist. You can ask her to play your Discovery Weekly playlist for example. For a full list of commands, take a look at this page.

If you need help setting up Spotify on your speaker, take a look at this page.

Enjoy your music! Let us know if you have further questions.

Hey! Thanks for your reply. Maybe I’m not reading the pages well enough, but I don’t see how I can ask Alexa to play a playlist I made myself in Spotify. Of course, there are lots of playlists to be found online, but are my playlists also able to be online so I can ask Alexa for them?

Hey @Teun.

Thanks for getting back to us!

it's possible to play a playlist of yours via Alexa. You'll need to link your Spotify account to Amazon. You can do this in the Settings Menu Option of the Echo companion app.

Should work 🙂 Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

This does not work. Alexa won’t play any playlist I have on Spotify using voice commands. It just says I can’t find it. I’ve tried multiple time and it still won’t work.

Suggested posts