Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

DOUBLE BILLED TWO MONTHS IN A ROW!

DOUBLE BILLED TWO MONTHS IN A ROW!

Double billed two months in a row for one account. No, I didn’t double click the application, and I don’t have two accounts.   I filled out the support form required e-mail(two times) to try to get this rectified and no one contacted me.  All I got in return was a stupid survey e-mail wanting to know how good the customer service was that I never got!  Can you believe that?  Well I guess you all can figure out what kind of rating I gave to Spotify, like it makes any difference.   I guess you get that when the left one doesn't know what the right one is doing...

Sirius XM has been hounding me to come back to them as a customer.  As much as I hate Sirius XM, at least I could talk with someone in customer service and get a problem resolved.

It's really a shame Spotify, you have a great product, but like so many other companies that have a great product; without adequate care for your customers, your viability as a company will be short-lived.

If Spotify doesn't rectify this problem to my satisfaction in the next couple of days, I will be canceling before my next billing date which is due in a week.

PPP on your part.

5 Replies

Hey there, your Spotify account connected to your Community profile has been charged twice since your trial, on January 16th and February 16th. If you have additional charges, you must have a second account somewhere. 

We sent a reply to one of your support tickets a little over 48 hours ago. If you didn't receive that, it's worth checking your spam folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I was charged on the 16th and the 17th of both months for the $9.99.  There is only one account linked to my e-mail address and there are not two accounts.  Oh, yea, the spam excuse; i check my spam folder every day.  I never recxeived anything from Spotify except double billing and a stupied e-mail about how customer service is doing.  Strange how the e-mail survey has no problem getting to my e-mail account, but you think the resolution went to my spam folder. 

I have read so many complaints exactely the same as mine.   And the answer is always the same, "went to your spam folder," you clicked twice when activating an accound," "you must have two accounts."

Why doesn't Spotify step up to the plate and admit they have problems with their billing and fix it.  Why don't they have a customer service number to help get this resolved?  Any why can't Spotify take blame for anything at all???

I am so disappointed in what I thought was going to be a great source for my music needs. 

Another one bites the dust....

If you are being billed twice, you definitely have two subscriptions running on two separate accounts, but it is possible they are tied to the same email address. I have never come across a case where a user was being billed twice for one account.

I will escalate this an see if someone can resend that email out to you.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Just to confirm, that email has been recent to you. Can you let us know if you got it? 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm having the same issue, 2 payments taken out for 1 account. I just received my bank statement, and 2 payments were taken from my account as well, one on Feb. 2 and Feb 12th. Why there is no customer service for this company??? I really love this company, but im not understanding why you can't contact a HUMAN BEING about your concerns???

Suggested posts