Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting a free account

Deleting a free account

Hello,

I'd like to delete my account and my data from Spotify, but seem unable to do so. Account removal page doesn't send me any mail, neither does the support bot. Trying these two in a private window doesn't help with it either.

It shouldn't be this complicated

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

You're trying to close your account here, right? If so, have you checked your email junk/spam folder yet? The email might've landed there.

Let me know 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem. I tried to close two of my unused free accounts but the page I get to when I select that I want to delete my account and all my data is not loading. I tried several times over a period of 5 hours or more and it never gets past that stage. There is no support available and I'm utterly frustrated at this nonsense as it takes up too much of my time. Can anyone help please? How do you actually get through to support or is there a real human support?

Spotify account closure.png

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out.

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble closing your account. If the page is not loading, you can try accessing it in an incognito window, through a different browser, different device or a different internet connection. If that doesn't help, you can reach out to the folks over at Customer Support, so they can assist your further.

Let us know if there's anything else.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts