Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting account without having access to email address

Deleting account without having access to email address

I have a Premium account that is associated with an email address that I no longer have access to (it was a student account and I lost access to it when I graduated).  I can't remember the password to the account so I can't sign in with it to any new devices or manage the account in any way.  I would like help deleting this account so I can use a new account that I actually have access to.   

1 Reply

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

First off, Quick question, what type of account was it, ie. Google, Outlook, ext? Next thing, if you are worried about being billed for premium, I would suggest contacting your email provider directly for access to your email, via account recovery, for Google go here. For Outlook go here. Next thing would be to reset your Spotify Password, simply click the reset password button and enter the email you just recovered. Finally, make sure you cancel your premium and follow the following steps on deleting an account:

1. Go to the Spotify homepage on a web browser and sign-in if necessary
  2. Click Help from the menu
  3. Type "delete Spotify account" or "close account" in the search bar
  4. Select "Close account" from the drop-down menu
  5. Scroll down until you see the line: "If you’d still like to go ahead, you can close your account here." Click that link.
  6. A Contact page will open
  7. Expand the Account menu and select "I want to close my Spotify account permanently"
  8. Select "Close Account"

Alternatively, skip all the above steps and go straight to this link to delete Spotify account.

Then create your new account. Let me know if you need any more help, let me know.

Best of Luck,
Jack

Spoiler
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts