Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Developer Application Key

Developer Application Key

My request for a developer application key does not worked.

I logged in to https://developer.spotify.com/ using my premium account.

I went to the Libspotify section and selected "Application keys".

I filled in the "Request application key" form, agreed to the terms and then submitted.

It then says the request has been submitted but when I go to the "My Keys" section, nothing is there. Just the message "Your account does not have any application keys, you can request one in the form below."

I have set up a device password as per suggestions in another post but still no success.

What am I doing wrong?

12 Replies

Bump, this happens to me as well!

Hi Kalliban & smwood71- I've had a look at  your accounts and everything seems to be in order. 

Sometimes it takes the API codes a little longer to send through than device passwords--we recommend users wait up to 48 hours for a device password. If you still haven't received after more than 48 hours please let us know, thanks!

Hi Meredith, it would be great if you could look at mine too.

I'm having the same problem.

Thanks

I tried again today and now I got a key right away Cat Very Happy

Not sure if this thread is still working, but I have an issue too. I have a premium account but I keep getting redirected to become a premium member and I can't get a developer key. What am I doing wrong?

Weird, is your account definitely showing as premium on your online account

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, I am sure I am a premium member (since July 2013). I signed up using Facebook and just received the device password so I can log in using the user-code with my password. Still can't access the keys.

--

Subscription status

Your Spotify Premium subscription will be automatically renewed the 2014-03-12

--

Do you have an active developer account (I think its required before you can get a key):

https://devaccount.spotify.com/my-account/

Peter

Yes also. That was working flawlessly.

---

You are successfully registered with us as a Spotify apps developer.

---

Definitely weird, just requested a key myself and got to the submission page so the system does appear to be running. I would suggest you get in touch with the Spotify team directly using the online contact form and see if they have any suggestions for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Okay. I will give that a try. Thanks for your help.

Hey!  

I'm new to spotify developer and I'm not sure if this thread is still valid but I submitted a form at least a week ago and still haven't recieved a spotify API key.

Would be great if you could help!

Suggested posts