Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Device password feature not available anymore?

Device password feature not available anymore?

Hi all,

So I have been trying for the past few days to get the e-mail link to set my device password (I have a Facebook linked account, but want to use Spotify on my Onkyo receiver, which doesn't accept the Facebook login).

I sent an e-mail to Spotify support notifying them of the issue and this is the response I got:

"Upon checking, we see that you have a Facebook-linked account so we can tell you that we actually no longer set up device passwords (which is why it doesn't work). You should be able to log in with your Facebook details."

So that feature just blatntly doesn't work? I told them about using it on my receiver and they told me to go on Facebook and create a device password on there as a workaround. Problem is, that only gives you a password and not a username.

Basically they finally end up telling me that I simply can't use Spotify on devices and that I need to create a new account that is not linked to Facebook.

Has anyone had any luck getting the device password thing to work? I don't understand why it just simply doesn't work when the feature is listed in the options. If it doesn't work then they shouldn't have it as an option.

1 Reply

I agree. I'm having the exact same problem! I can login with facebook but the Spotify Device password creation won't accept ANY password I type in the window!!! I also don't seen any rules for password strings and limits!!! Please fix, Spotify, pronto as I want to use on my TV. Like... DUH!!!

Suggested posts