Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disassociate from Spark New Zealand

Solved!

Disassociate from Spark New Zealand

Hi,

Last month, I changed my Spark New Zealand plan so as to not involve Spotify. However, my Spotify account still says:

Your subscription is associated with our partner Spark New Zealand, please refer to Spark New Zealand for questions regarding your subscription.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this up?

Cheers,

Chris

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @caledonianchris, welcome to the community!

That's a bit odd. I don't quite understand the issue, do you wish to cancel? If you subscribed through any other company than Spotify, you need to contact that company to cancel, in this case Spark.

However, if you just wanted to figure out the meaning of the message you're seeing in your first post, it's because you switched from paying directly to Spotify and instead using another service to subscribe through to get Premium.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Just as all the others above I can just tell you to wait... It took about 3-4 months for me, and about 2-3 weeks after contacting Spark. The good thing is, that you've got Spotify Premium without paying for it during that time, but it gets in the way when setting up Spotify Family...
Just wait or (if its urgent) create a new account and switch your Family Subsciption to your old account later if you want to keep that account.

It's a shame that Spotify hasn't implemented a way to cancel subsciptions manually yet, and they definitely need some kind of support...

View solution in original post

9 Replies

I forgot to mention that I contacted Spark and they say that my cell phone is no longer linked to Spotify.

Cheers,

Chris
Marked as solution

Hey there @caledonianchris, welcome to the community!

That's a bit odd. I don't quite understand the issue, do you wish to cancel? If you subscribed through any other company than Spotify, you need to contact that company to cancel, in this case Spark.

However, if you just wanted to figure out the meaning of the message you're seeing in your first post, it's because you switched from paying directly to Spotify and instead using another service to subscribe through to get Premium.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

K

Gidday Kate,

Thanks for the reply.

I forgot to mention in my post that I'd contacted Spark and they reckoned that they had unhooked Spotify.

This morning, however, as if by magic, I no longer have Spotify Premium! This means I can sort out Spotify for family. 🙂

Cheers,

Chris

Glad to hear it's all sorted out now!

Keep Spotify-ing!
K

Hi, I´ve got the same problem. I left NZ about 3 months ago and I´m now living with my family in Germany again. Now we want to set up Spotify family.

Contacted Spark NZ today and they told me that: "The Spotify Premium on this mobile number has expired on the 2nd of April 2017." and that there was nothing they could do as my subsciption had already ended.

However, when visiting my Subsciptions-Tab in my account, this shows up: "Your spotify subsciption is connected to Spark NZ. Please contact Spark NZ for questions regarding your subsciption." (Translated from German)

Hope you guys can help...

Gidday,

I called Spark and they tried a few things but Spotify did not immediately
disassociate with Spark. I then posted this question and got an answer or
two but nothing really concrete. The following morning Spotify had
disassociated with Spark. Spark definitely did something! I would suggest
that you contact them again and make it very clear with screen shots, etc
that they need to do some magic.

Good luck,

Chris

Hi there - I have the same situation.  Spark cancelled & unlinked my Spark Spotify Premium yesterday because I want to subscribe to Spotify for Family.  Today I am still linked.  I contacted Spark again & they confirmed again that I am unlinked & I need to contact Spotify.. Can someone help?

Marked as solution

Just as all the others above I can just tell you to wait... It took about 3-4 months for me, and about 2-3 weeks after contacting Spark. The good thing is, that you've got Spotify Premium without paying for it during that time, but it gets in the way when setting up Spotify Family...
Just wait or (if its urgent) create a new account and switch your Family Subsciption to your old account later if you want to keep that account.

It's a shame that Spotify hasn't implemented a way to cancel subsciptions manually yet, and they definitely need some kind of support...

Hi,

How are you?

My only suggestion would be to keep annoying Spark. The person that I spoke
to tried a few things but nothing immediately worked. The following day,
though, I was as free as a bird! 🙂

Good luck,

Chris

Suggested posts