Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discord showing my account number, not my account name

Discord showing my account number, not my account name

I am having an issue with my discord profile showing my spotify account number and not my account name (see picture)
I did write a whole much more articulate question and mention how your service has been slacking in comparison with discords integration (being able to listen along with what your friends are listening to currently and actually being able to see what they are actually listening to) but your website deleted my whole well thought out question 5 times now - my entire message is completely removed. But i am sure glad you autosave my heading.. lol

discord.PNG
4 Replies

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the community!

Seems like your Spotify account was created via Facebook. In this case, Discord shows the username generated by Facebook, instead of your Facebook profile name. Sadly, there isn't a way to change the way this is displayed on Discord.

If you don't want to use your Spotify account with Facebook, I suggest checking this support page.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I've read all the threads complaining about this, I've been a spotify premium user for years. not only is my algorithm tailored to my tastes but my playlists and amount of song plays are all on this account. I do not want to make a new account. I would have to start from scratch.
Making a new account is such a POOR solution, to a long standing problem. And I'm of course not blaming you, but this is actually unacceptable. 

I understand.

In this case, try reaching out to the Support team via Twitter or Facebook. They can help you on the process of creating an account away from Facebook.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hey @user-removed.

Well yeah, having your long long, well-thought out post space out does suck. I haven't had that happen to me on here yet (could be a browser plugin?), but I will never fully trust web forms.

Either way, pro-tip: whenever I write a longer post, on any site, I always c/p into notepad before submitting. I know, it doesn't help NOW, but next time it might.

On the username thing: I'd love to say "sure, we're gonna fix that tomorrow", but these things take time. I feel your pain, I do, but we have so many intricate, running parts under the hood, that some things get piority over others; additionally some are easier to implement than others. Also, from having been here six years now, talking to different departments, seeing some of the internal workings, and even from writing some code myself, I do get the impression that quite often those things that seem so simple to implement on their own, actually can affect other parts quite a bit. Do one bit wrong and the cascade effect can be disastrous.

The only, small, comfort I can offer you right now is to suggest adding your vote to these two ideas: one & two.

It won't guarantee that it gets added, but when we talk to our developers and our product folks, the higher the numbers, the better. So add your Likes, tell your friends to add theirs.

/pasted from notepad

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts