Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Display Facebook name

Display Facebook name

Hello ! 

Since a week ago, my user name is replaced by a serie of numbers. Before that my facebook name was displayed, but now it's impossible to put it back. I've tried to disconnect/reconnect but only the number is diplayed instead of my (real) name. 

Maybe this is due to the fact that I turned the facebook data off ? I did put it back on but the name doesn't come back. 

Any solution? Maybe I just need to turn on the facebook data ON again and wait few days ? Thank you ! 

Capture d’écran 2.png
Capture d’écran 1.png
1 Reply

Hi @Rdygd!

Welcome to the community 🙂

This a problem that has been affecting other users. There are other posts out there about the same issue.

Disconnecting from FB seems to be a common cause. But it can happen without any connection with FB (so it seems).

I'm afraid there is not much of an solution still. 😕

Take a look at:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Ongoing-Username-Issue-My-user-name-appear-as-random-lette...

One question, when you created your account did you login with your FB account or did you login with an email and later on connected to your FB account?

I guess the latter applies because you said that you disconnect / reconnect and this is only possible for accounts which weren't originally linked to FB.

Username is one of that things that one cannot really change. At least not yet.

One thing you can try though, is to connect to a different FB account (a temporary / dummy one) and see if that makes it appear correctly instead of a bunch of numbers. If this works, you can then disconnect and try to connect back with the original FB account. This might reset things a bit and eventually do the trick. 😉

Best of luck and let me know how it goes!

Kind Regards

-- PF

Suggested posts