Country

Australia

Device

Chromebook Version 80.0.3987.162

Operating System

Chrome OS

My Question or Issue

Ok, so I have two questions.

1. I really want to change my display name with something more interesting. It has just my first name and it's pretty hard to find if you search it up so I wanted to change it but couldn't find a way to do that. (Pls read the next question too even if you can't answer it since some stuff is explained there and I don't wanna type it again xD).

2. I don't know how to change my profile picture. I tried looking for solutions everywhere and I've tried everything but it doesn't seem to work. I've tried hovering my mouse over my account picture at the top right corner but nothing comes up. When I click it, it just says 'Account' and 'Log Out'. I don't know if it's the type of computer I'm using or my Spotify plan but I kinda don't wanna be stuck with just an outline of a person. 

I would really appreciate it if someone answers these questions for me 😄

5 Replies

Hi there @hoomanoid,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

You can follow the steps provided here to change your display name.

Bear in mind that it is only for an email based account and that i recommend using an iOS / Android device to do so.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Sadly, I have tried following the instructions to that earlier today and I think it's only for mobile and tablet users but thanks for the help anyway!

I've found the solution to my problem
Well, ok not a solution but a reason
The new version Spotify doesn't support Chrome
I tried reinstalling AND clearing the data as well and I can't download it again
It's pretty disappointing since it would be fun to be able to personalise my account but music is music I guess.

or Hey @hoomanoid,

Just jumping in to add that it'd be great to follow what @OneByBoo suggested while using either an iOS or an Android device with the Spotify app (not with Chrome) since we can confirm it will work with the mobile app (you can download it here). 

Let us know how it goes and if there's anything else we can help you with!

Have a nice (and a safe) day.

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Unfortunately, I don't have another device except for my phone but it's pretty old (it's a 4S) and it's a little hard to use and pretty small so it would be a little bit annoying. I am using a school computer. I could be able to download it through Playstore but our school administrator blocked it so, for now, I will just use web player but I really appreciate the help!

Suggested posts