Display name not showing or something

Display name not showing or something

user-removed
Not applicable

So I just made an account like, 5 minutes ago with my email and set a display name as sleepyeevee. It completely ignored that name and gave me the garble username that can't be changed. I can't even look at my display name it's like I don't have one even though I clearly typed in what I wanted. Now my friend sees me as the spammed letter and numbers and the playlist created by me is the strange garble too. This is super infuriating because now I have to use my other email to make another account and risk this happening again, and if it does I have to wait for both to be deleted. I just, want a name

Screenshot_20191014-192209_Spotify.jpg
5 Replies

Re: Display name not showing or something

dorototoro
Regular

Hey!

Maybe you just have to wait a little bit more for your account to set up and whatnot.

You also need to plug your phone in cause it's about to die.

RIP (just in case)

dorototoro
Regular

Maybe try to log out and back in. I believe that the weird numbers and letters are some underlying ID you're not supposed to see

hope it helps!

sleepyeevee
Visitor

So to finish the saga to this abomination of a post, yes my phone did die. I did try logging out and waiting but it didn't work and I ended up having to delete the account and make another using the website and not the app :P

dorototoro
Regular

Oh okay!

Hope that's a suitable solution :>

Happy listening Eevee

Rising Star 10 DanielTham
Rising Star 10

Hi There

Just so you didnt know you can reuse the same email address if you have deleted your old account. 

Cheers 

DanielThamRising Star 10
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS