Do artists have access to my email?

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I don't know which thread to put this under, so I hope this is the right one. Recently, I received an email from a Spotify artist. The problem is how did the artist get my personal email address. I don't share it on Spotify. The only thing I share on Spotify is my IG, but that doesn't have my personal email attached to it. This is concerning.

7 Replies

Hey @jkim545, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Can you send me a screenshot of the email? You can also let me know the sender email address included with the email, and I'll take a closer look for you.

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

PMed you.

Ok, but to clarify, I'm not an artist. Just a regular user.

Hey @jkim545,

Ah, thanks for the info! In that case, I would like to see the screenshot of the email you received so I can check if it's legit. In the meantime, please don't submit any personal information back to the person who sent you that email, and don't open any links or attachments.

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star

PMed you since it's personal info.

Hey @jkim545,

For this particular case, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. They'll take a look and do their best to help.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

SO if you put your instagram that links to your page they can actually use something called an email extractor on IG and get your email that way. if you use google workspace or the webstore for chrome you can find numerous email extractor app that do that. which unless you the social networking site not to give your info then they dont code that information for these apps to that. most artist are honestly just trying to get their music out independant so they gotta use whatever method they can. im one of these artist but i have a subscription and mailing sign up on my website so i dont use the extractors. hope this helps 

Todd Vanover 

www.toddvanovermusic.me

Suggested posts