Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Double Charged

Double Charged

I just signed up for the student discount premium status on Spotify, but my bank account says I was charged $5.40 twice yesterday. It also says that I will still be charged again for the next month, but I don't know why I was charged twice for signing up. I would like that one extra charge put back on my card! Thank you to whoever can help me with this. 

1 Reply

Hello @anielab88. Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Awesome to hear you've taken advantage of the Student Premium discount. It's well worth it, especially at the lower price bracket. It's also good to see you're keeping on top of your bank statements for charges too, just in case. It's important in today's digital age. 🙂

What you're probably seeing is a temporary hold on the initial subscription cost for the Student account. When you first sign up for Spotify Student, a temporary hold charge is put on your payment method just to verify that the funds are in your account. Then they verify your student eligibility, and finally actually put a charge through for the discounted Student price.

This temporary hold should clear in 3-5 days, depending on your bank. However, if for whatever reason it does not clear after a few days, don't hesitate for a second to let me know so I can help you get it sorted out. 🙂 Please let me know if it does clear, too, so I know you're good to go with Spotify. Keep on rockin'!

Suggested posts