Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • gabeebaros
  • Casual Listener
  • 926 replies
  • 107 likes
  • Account
  • 926 replies
  • 107 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 111 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 111 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Core618
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes

Password

I originally created my account with facebook and I want to deactivate my facebook now, but keep spotify. I noticed the set device password option on the side. I was wondering if I did this if it would delete my playlists or music and/or charge me do...

• I originally created my account with facebook and I want to deactivate my facebook now, but keep spotify. I noticed the set device password option on the side. I was wondering if I did this if it wou...
  • lcolling
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Other
    Premium
    Security
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Family accounts not activating

I've upgraded to a family account, but i cant add anyone! Ive sent an e-mail to my boyfriend and he never received it, we tried using the link, and it says it wasnt able to redeem the code, "please try again and type it correctly", but it IS typed co...

• I've upgraded to a family account, but i cant add anyone! Ive sent an e-mail to my boyfriend and he never received it, we tried using the link, and it says it wasnt able to redeem the code, "please t...
  • harleyslair
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Tenia cuenta familiar premium y ahora soy usuario free

Hola! Soy el administrador de un plan familiar. Resulta que resetie el teléfono y cuando inicie nuevamente sesión en spotify aparezco como usuario cree. El resto de mi familia que dependían de mi cuenta siguen siendo premium. que puede ser?

• Hola! Soy el administrador de un plan familiar. Resulta que resetie el teléfono y cuando inicie nuevamente sesión en spotify aparezco como usuario cree. El resto de mi familia que dependían de mi cue...
  • sebarod
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Attempted to get premium with student discount, unable to verify still charged 2 times

I had intended to upgrade to premium spotify for student, currently enrolled in a Community college on the spotify list, however it was unable to verify info from document provided, however when I went to check my bank I had been charged twice for $5...

• I had intended to upgrade to premium spotify for student, currently enrolled in a Community college on the spotify list, however it was unable to verify info from document provided, however when I we...
  • djstorm10
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify leaks email addresses

I just received spam mail to an email address I exclusively use for spotify. Has there been another leak of user accounts or is spotify selling our email addresses?

• Casual Listener
  • I just received spam mail to an email address I exclusively use for spotify. Has there been another leak of user accounts or is spotify selling our email addresses? 
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Security
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Invitation code not working

I have spent the last hour trying to use invite a family member to use the invitation code and got an error message saying "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again." I have tried more than ten times with a few new codes a few times. Using iPhone...

• I have spent the last hour trying to use invite a family member to use the invitation code and got an error message saying "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again."   I have tried more t...
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot change payment method

I am trying to change my method of payment, but am having trouble doing so. I used to have a student, account, but since I am no longer a student, I pay the regular subscription fee. When I try to change my credit card information, the screen prompts...

• I am trying to change my method of payment, but am having trouble doing so. I used to have a student, account, but since I am no longer a student, I pay the regular subscription fee. When I try to ch...
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding family members on family account

I am unable to add my daughter on family account ooops error occurred message being displayed

• I am unable to add my daughter on family account ooops error occurred message being displayed
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't join Family subscription

Hey allI've been invited to a family subscription and keep on trying to join but get a message saying oops sorry an error occurred. I was on a premium but cancelled my subscription as I was told to and it expired today. Currently on a free subscripti...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all I've been invited to a family subscription and keep on trying to join but get a message saying oops sorry an error occurred. I was on a premium but cancelled my subscription as I was told to...
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes

Permanently Deleted Playlists?

I had lots of playlists which I had developed over more than a year that had all the music I listened to, and I found out they were somehow automatically deleted. Not the first time it had happened, so I was not worried, but last time I recovered the...

• I had lots of playlists which I had developed over more than a year that had all the music I listened to, and I found out they were somehow automatically deleted. Not the first time it had happened, ...
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists disappeared

I've recently moved from Malaysia to Hong Kong and changed my country settings on Spotify. Everything was working fine until this morning- all my playlists are gone and it's linking me to my other email address (which I don't use). Pls help !

• I've recently moved from Malaysia to Hong Kong and changed my country settings on Spotify. Everything was working fine until this morning- all my playlists are gone and it's linking me to my other em...
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium: Can't skip away from a really bad song

I can't change away from a song I didn't even hear from the beginning. I've logged out, but everytime I login, it just skips about 20-30 songs, and then goes to this song I can't skip. Here's a GIF:https://i.gyazo.com/dffc39a8dd547b1148f685c11dd47835...

• Regular
  • I can't change away from a song I didn't even hear from the beginning. I've logged out, but everytime I login, it just skips about 20-30 songs, and then goes to this song I can't skip.   Here'...
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Family - two accounts

I have purchased a family account so that I can play music at my coffee shop as well as when I am away and other staff can still play music and I can as well.Is this posisble? I only have one facebook account and it will not let me log into both.

• I have purchased a family account so that I can play music at my coffee shop as well as when I am away and other staff can still play music and I can as well. Is this posisble? I only have one fac...
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Payment for using credit/ debit card

Sign up for premium ask for expiration date on visa cardFormat mm/yy red banner indicates I don't have the month

• Sign up for premium ask for expiration date on visa card Format mm/yy red banner indicates I don't have the month
  • KatesHere
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Family Offline playlists

Dear Community, After being a Spotify Premium user for sometime I have just signed up for the Spotify Family membership. Can I just clarify - does this mean that all 4 of us (husband, 2 children and I) are ALL allowed to each have a separate offline ...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear Community,   After being a Spotify Premium user for sometime I have just signed up for the Spotify Family membership.   Can I just clarify - does this mean that all 4 of us (husban...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing country

Hello I left Australia now and living in the Philippines and Im trying to change country with no success I don't have a local credit card.. Is there a way to pay her using pay pal

• Hello I left Australia now and living in the Philippines and Im trying to change country with no success I don't have a local credit card.. Is there a way to pay her using pay pal
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to log in on my I phone

I am able to access my spotify account through both my laptop and my I pad. When i try to log on to the spotify app on my phone using the "log in with facebook" option it comes up with Error 404. When i try logging in with my user name and password i...

• Casual Listener
  • I am able to access my spotify account through both my laptop and my I pad.    When i try to log on to the spotify app on my phone using the "log in with facebook" option it comes up with...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify gift card not valid in my country

Hello, i do live in belgium and my Gf is a dutch girl from holland,She bought me a gift card in the netherlands and it says the code is not valid in my country because i am from belgium. How to solve this please?

• Visitor
  • Hello, i do live in belgium and my Gf is a dutch girl from holland, She bought me a gift card in the netherlands and it says the code is not valid in my country because i am from belgium.   H...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

got a gift country in a different country but can't log in cause I'm out of my country

I'm from Portugal and I'm in norway for 1 month and I got a gift card which It's only possible to activate in Norway. But I can't login in my account because I'm out of my country for 14days.What should I do?

• I'm from Portugal and I'm in norway for 1 month and I got a gift card which It's only possible to activate in Norway. But I can't login in my account because I'm out of my country for 14days. What s...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes