Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Double billing

Double billing

I had a premium account previously as did my wife, but we decided to upgrade to a family account adding our two daughters. Now I see that I have been charged both for a premium account and a family account since the day we upgraded. How do I get rid of this double charge and if the premium charge is removed will  that particular account also vanish?

5 Replies

Hi @stoughe, welcome!

You've probably subscribed to Premium for Family in a second account.

When you click here, does it show as Premium or Premium for Family? 

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Premium for family

Ok, so what you need now is to find out about the other account. Do you remember what email or username did you use to create it? 

Once you cancel the Premium account, it won't vanish - you'll just lose its Premium features.

BittencourtSpotify Star

From what I remember I had a premium account and then went to upgrade it to a family account. I never made an extra account that was premium, so then it would be the same email.

That's odd. You know that when you upgrade your subscription from regular Premium to Premium for Family, your next payment date will likely be a few days earlier than it had been. This is because of the difference between the price of Premium for Family and the regular Premium subscription you were on.

But if you really think there was a mistake on Spotify's end, I suggest you reach out to the account's team via email, Facebook, and/or Twitter. This way, they'll be able to take a closer look at your account to see what they can suggest to solve the issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions.

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts