Erase of everything on my Spotify account

Highlighted

Erase of everything on my Spotify account

Casual Listener

Saturday night (Feb 11th), my Spotify account was wiped clean of all of its contents, stared, folders and etc. I even had to re-sync it to my facebook. This has been extremely frustrating. Can someone help me and tell me why this has happeend?

My Account was Premium and still is Premium, so it is not a case of membership running out. Is there anyway to recover all of my started music and playlists? This has been very frustrating for me. 

33 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Erase of everything on my Spotify account

Roadie
Sorry to hear this has gone missing for you, I'm not sure why this would happen - there's no sign of a duplicate account here.

I think I can see your playlists,etc in our system - could you name one of them so I can double check? I'll then try to help you recover them and drop you a message.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Highlighted

Casual Listener
I think that one them was Literally Called "Spotify" and i believe another folder was called "*Persian" and i believe a "*Study" and "*Relax" playlist. It would really mean a lot if you could fix this problem for me.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

The same thing has happend to me, everything is gone and I was suddently on a free account even thou my credit card is linked and the payment is done automatic.. Strange days..

Highlighted

Roadie
drtalmood, I've dropped you an email with instructions on how to recover your playlists. Hope that helps.

popjompa - it looks like a duplicate account was made for you during the Facebook integration. Please just try signing in with the username 'popjompa' and your original password - this should bring up your old Premium account with the playlists. Feel free to connect this account to Facebook to stop the same from happening again.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Im in the same boat!! Today spotify wouldnt log in.. I finally got in and my playlists were gone and Im on a free account even though ive already got a premium account..... Ive made a new playlist now but I want to make sure it doesnt happen again... ?

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify
Thealehouse - It looks like you've created a new account. If you log in with your Spotify username 'wildtam' and your Spotify password, you'll access your Premium account. You'll then be able to reconnect Facebook to this account.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Right well it wont let me log in using that username and to top it off I got a msg saying my 48hr trial has now ended about 5 mins ago... I use the account for a playlist at work all day so I clicked the link asking me to setup a premium account (even though I already had one...) but now I have no playlists again.. or atleast I thought I didnt until I logged on using a pc... it seems that now I have a playlist when logged into a pc but not on my iphone or my friends Iphone... confusing stuff... what next ???

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

Thealehouse - I understand that my colleague, Richard, has been in contact via email. Let us know how it goes.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue. I clicked an ad to listen to the Mio playlist which opened up my Firefox and asked me to open the playlist in Spotify, which I did. Then I was logged out and Spotify restarted automatically. When it came back up, it asked me to login. I put in my password and Spotify opened then I got a green browser window that asked me to log in again or choose whether I was new to Spotify. Closing this window logged me out multiple times, so I clicked "I'm new to Spotify" and my playlists are all gone.

Suggestions would be helpful.  Thanks!

SUGGESTED POSTS