Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error message when I try to set password

Error message when I try to set password

I am trying to set a device password so my spotify premium account will work without facebook. I follow the link and the email and delete it tells me there is an error without an explanation or a link for help. I am about to just cancel spotify all together because it is ridiculous that there is no one to call on the phone for customer support. Please give me the number if I am wrong.
4 Replies

Hi,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you transfer all your stuff to a non-Facebook Spotify account that uses a username and password to login:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

Hope it helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I appreciate a response, but I don't feel comfortable paying for a service without a customer service phone number, so I have cancelled my premium account already. After about 4 years as a paying customer I feel I should have the ability to easily deactivate facebook and still have access to my spotify account as is without a bunch of work arounds. This is just not acceptable for me and I will take my business elsewhere. Hopefully I won't have issues with spotify continuing to charge me after cancellation like I see other former users have faced.

I will be using the free version until I find something better to purchase 🙂

Ok, good luck!
Let me know if Apple Music, Tidal and others provide a customer service phone number 🙂
BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts