Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error message when trying to order premium with student discount

Solved!

Error message when trying to order premium with student discount

So I'm trying to get Spotify Premium for myself using the student discount.  I've never had Premium before, and this discount gave me a reason to get it.  I've already verified that I'm a student, put my credit card information in and everything, but every time I click the "continue" button at the bottom of the page that reviews what I'm purchasing, it takes me to a page that says "Oh no!  Something has gone horribly wrong!"

I've been trying to order this for a few hours now.  I leave the site for a while and come back to try to order again, and nothing changes.  I keep getting this error message.

What could be causing this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It must've just been a bug or something within the system, because I was able to successfully purchase my premium subsription the next day.  But thanks for getting to my post!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there,

Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Have you already tried to get Premium by using another browser? Maybe it's related to an issue with your browser.

If this doesn't help you, I think it's the best to get in touch with the Spotify Consumer team, which you can do via the link below.

You'll get an automated reply, but if you reply directly (even when it says no-reply) to it, an Spotify staff agent will get back to you as soon as possible.

To get in touch with Spotify's Consumer team: 

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

Marked as solution

It must've just been a bug or something within the system, because I was able to successfully purchase my premium subsription the next day.  But thanks for getting to my post!

Glad to hear you are up and running! Be sure to shout if you have anymore issues. 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Im having this same problem right now 😞

@bradshirling 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts