Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FIND FRIENDS not showing any friends :(

FIND FRIENDS not showing any friends :(

Hello everyone,

I've noticed this has been happening to my account for months but the issue just can't seem to sort itself out.  I've posted about it before but wasn't able to get any help.

When I scroll to the bottom of the friend activy tab and hit the FIND FRIENDS button the popup says '0 FRIENDS ON SPOTIFY' and has nothing below it - it's just empty.  I know for a fact I have plenty of friends on Spotify because I've seen it before.

My Facebook account is defintly linked and I've tried logging out all of my devices and logging back in (on multiple devices) but they all display the same thing. 

Any ideas or any tips to try and troubleshoot this?  Also I swear I have friends lol.

nofriendslol.jpg
7 Replies

Hey,
please check https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=applications .
There must be an entry for spotify. Check the permissions for the app.
I think the "friendlist" permission is unchecked 🙂

Thanks for the reply papayawhip!

Doesn't look like I have that option when I check my App preferences on Facebook. sadly :S

fb-pref.jpg

That might be the problem.
You sould delete the app from facebook and reattach it.

Hey thanks again for the reply papayawhip!

I did actually look at doing this, but the warning message when you go remove the Spotify app on Facebook is a bit scary lol.  It says:

'If you remove Spotify, it may delete your Spotify account and activity. Spotify may also still have access to info you previously shared, but can't make additional requests for private info.'

I'd rather not risk doing that just in case it actually RIP's my Spotify account, as it was intially setup with Facebook and not an email address.

Hey @Slunk.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name.

If that doesn't work, we'd like to suggest to create a new account account. No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your own username, which should be the digits you see in a payment receipt you see when you start a subscription. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. You’ll also need to cancel your subscription on your old account, in case you have a Premium account.

We hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Hey Guido,

Thanks so much for the response and suggesting a possible solution.

I checked my privacy settings and it's definitely set to processing my Facebook data. Even when I check my settings on the Spotify app it says it's connected to my Facebook account, so I'm quite certain everything is in order there.

To me making a new account seems like a pretty round about way to fix a small issue. I assume I'd lose my followers, and I'd have to re-set up my premium subscription and all family accounts so I'll probably just ignore the issue and just move on.

Thanks again.

Hey @Slunk

Just one more thing. You mentioned that you've seen friends on Spotify before. It's possible that they don't have their accounts connected to Facebook, but they only have a Spotify-created username/display name. 

You can ask them for their usernames instead, and type in the following on your search bar: spotify:user:username (username being your friend's username). You can then follow them.

Let us know if there's anything else.

Suggested posts