Family Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Iphone 6s+, Windows PC, Windows Laptop

Operating System

iOS 13, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I originally planned to remove my facebook account from my spotify account however as I discovered later that if an account is created using Facebook cridentials, the facebook account cannot be removed and assigned a new one to the existing spotify account. Then I just wanted to reconnect facebook and spotify as before however now it seems it does connect and let me sign in but my name and the profile picture doesn't appear as per usual. I see the default spotify username (gibberish) and a blank profile picture. No matter how many times I tried to make the connection as it should be from other devices, I could not get it to work.

How can I connect the accounts as it should be? Please help, it's bugging the **bleep** out of me. 

Thanks 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @kcintehouse 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

First of all, let's try a thing... Follow these steps to create a Spotify password to access the account connected to your deactivated Facebook account:  

1. Go to our password reset form
  2. Enter the email address registered to your Facebook account.
  3. Continue through the steps to create a password for the account.
  4. You can now log in by entering your Facebook email address and the new password in the default log in fields.

After that, you may be able to log in using the email and the new account you will create and won't need to log in using Facebook anymore.

Let me know if it will works... Keep me posted! 🙂

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey, @kcintehouse 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

First of all, let's try a thing... Follow these steps to create a Spotify password to access the account connected to your deactivated Facebook account:  

1. Go to our password reset form
  2. Enter the email address registered to your Facebook account.
  3. Continue through the steps to create a password for the account.
  4. You can now log in by entering your Facebook email address and the new password in the default log in fields.

After that, you may be able to log in using the email and the new account you will create and won't need to log in using Facebook anymore.

Let me know if it will works... Keep me posted! 🙂

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts