Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook E-Mail changed, but Spotify didn't update.

Solved!

Facebook E-Mail changed, but Spotify didn't update.

Hello Spotifyans,

I just changed my E-Mail on Facebook, but this change doesn't show up in my Spotify account.

Do I have to wait a bit or is something wrong?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @kalibutsu is Spotify displaying your old photo? Or you old email address? Have you tried clearing your browser's cache?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

My email has changed and I can't get into my facebook

View solution in original post

44 Replies

Hi there,

It should update eventually. If it hasn't updated by Monday, post again and I will ask a moderator to look into it 🙂

Liam

Ok, thanks for your reply.

I will wait til monday and hope it will be fixed then 🙂

Wouldn't it be nice to show a message in the account settings or in the faq for this? I guess more people will experience this and will ask themselves the same question.

I am also having the same problem.

I updated my fb email but it did not update on my profile in spotify - shows old cancelled email

How long ago did you make the chance on Facebook?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I did it 2 days ago.

I need to cancel AOL asap. It has a virus on that account

Ditto.  Same issue.

How long does it take to update that?
I feel like it shouldn't take more than a few seconds.

Especially if you log out of everything and try again... 😞

It normally does update pretty quickly to show a new primary facebook email address. There were some server issues yesterday which may have caused a hiccup @user-removed . If you have more than one email registered with facebook, could you just make another address your primary then swao back and then log out of spotify and back in?

I did exactly what you just said and it still shows my old email.

I have also removed all email accounts from my facebook except the new one and it still (even after more logging out of everything and back in) shows my old email in spotify.

Hmmm........could you get in touch with the account team here and they'll check your account for you. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Will do.  Thanks Joe!

Just to confirm, can you log into Facebook using the new email address as your username?

I've been having some weird Facebook issues relating to email addresses, but logging in using the address once seemed to fix it.

Peter

I can log into Facebook with my new email.

Still showing old email in spotify.

Experiencing the same issue. Did this eventially update for other folks?

Thanks!

@KTsend wrote:

Experiencing the same issue. Did this eventially update for other folks?

Thanks!

Nope.  Still hasn't been resolved.  You reminded me to contact spotify though.  🙂

If you drop them an email here @KTsend the support team should be able to lend a hand:
https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

Peter

Definitely try contacting support, but I am now and they're no help.  First person didn't even read my issue.

Second person says they can't help, but they will migrate my account to a new one for me.

Not helping the issue at all. 😞

Somebody please help me figure out how to receive the spotify student discount. I'm currently logged into spotify through facebook, and i changed my email address on facebook to my coolege email. When i go to purchase spotify premium it still appears as though they are going to charge me $9.99, instead of $4.99.

@Newk wrote:

Hello Spotifyans,

I just changed my E-Mail on Facebook, but this change doesn't show up in my Spotify account.

@Newk wrote:

Hello Spotifyans,

@Newk wrote:

Hello Spotifyans,

@mgallo4 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same issue. I deleted the old email of Facebook, but Spotify keeps displaying the old account.

Suggested posts