Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook connected to two Spotify accounts

Facebook connected to two Spotify accounts

Hi guys,

There are 2 Spotify accounts. The one I used most often was created using Facebook. The other account, my sister's, was created using Spotify without a Facebook account connected. The username for the latter account is "rhythmic.kitty". The Facebook username for the former account is "michaelzeng7".

One day, I accidentally connected the michaelzeng7 Facebook account to the rhythmic.kitty Spotify account.

Now, whenever I login using michaelzeng7, it logs in instead to the rhythmic.kitty account. The michaelzeng7 account appears to be in a sort of limbo: I can't login to it, but I can see that it still exists. I created a few playlist on the michaelzeng7 account, and my friend followed it. On my friend's account, I can see that he still follows that playlist. However, the author of the playlist is no longer my name, Michael Zeng, rather it is 121749270.

I want to regain control of my original account (the one that is now mysteriously called 121749270). I have tried to disconnect the Facebook account from rhythmic.kitty, but it doesn't seem like it actually disconnects. If I disconnect, and try to login again, it takes me right back to rhythmic.kitty.

I apologize for this somewhat lengthy description, but this issue has caused me to quit Spotify for a while now. I've tried contacting Spotify twice using the contact form, but both times, there was no response.

Thanks.

3 Replies

Hi, when you use the support form, you should at least receive an automated reply (be sure to check your spam folder). If you'll reply to that message, even if from a no-reply address, it will reach someone at support and helps to speed up the process.

You could also always contact support on Twitter @SpotifyCares, which seems to be faster sometimes.

Unfortunately, this account issue sounds a bit beyond what we're able to assist with in the forums.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks. I did recieve an automated reply that you described. I'll try replying to it to see what happens.

Hello Mz7.

Have You got any feedback? I have the same issue.

Suggested posts