Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family plan subscription for Canada

Solved!

Family plan subscription for Canada

Is the Spotify Family plan available yet in Canada? 

My wife and I both have the free accounts and would like to switch to the family plan, however when we click on Upgrade, we don't see any kind of link to the family plan. 

Thanks

D

227 Replies

Any news on the Family Plan for Canada? Does Spotify respond in these forums?

If not, maybe Apple Music is better for me and my Rdio family plan members.

FYI guys, Google Music has now released their family plan - $14.99 / 6 users

http://officialandroid.blogspot.ca/2015/12/google-play-music-now-playing-for-your.html

Spotify you have till December 15 when Sonos gets Apple Music support to match with a family plan otherwise I'm jumping ship as well

Everybody!  There are options other than Spotify now!  Give up!  Family Plans are not going to happen.  Spotify does not care at all.  Take your dollars and go to Apple or Google.  Both now offer family plans to Canadian customers.  Apple has a bigger catalogue too. 

I just don't get it. What do they need to do other than let you pay for multiple accounts at a reduced rate.

There should be next to no programming involved. This length of time is completely unacceptable and without reason. It bugs me that Rdio is no dead in the water as we were going to switch to that because of the family plan.

Today is the day I cancel my Spotify account. Apple Music offers a FAMILY PLAN and fully supports Android and Sonos devices (as of today, December 15). It's not as if Spotify didn't have time to deliver a family plan to its canadian customers. Too bad. Bye Spotify! 

Is this still not supported?

WOW. Talk about being behind the ball. I saw this like 6 months ago and I just realized that the post date and annoncements for rolling out was over a year ago.

I'm looking into alternatives now because this is rather lackluster - I was a Canadian customer.

...and remove Family Plan links that make you think you can signup when they clearly (in the URL) know you're from Canada. The UX is sloppy and inconsistent throughout.

I wish I read these message boards weeks ago. I was planning on giving my mom and sisters family plan memberships this Christmas but the link from my account page never worked. I thought it was just a connection/firewall issue but now I see that Spotify hasn't worked out the kinks from the Canadian family plan. I want Spotify to survive in this incredibly competitive market and I will try to be patient for them to get their family plan working, but it is only a matter of time before Canadian consumers choose other music services that offer a better value.

I got tired of waiting and switched last week to Google Play Music

The library is as good as Spotify so far. Interface is easy to use. I tried Apple Music with the free trial but found that trying to make playlists through itunes was exremely cumbersome and it didnt autoupdate on my android phone unless I refreshed 3 or 4 times on the phone.

My experience so far with Google Play music has been as good as Spotify. I really wanted to stay with Spotify but no family plan is a deal breaker. Also Google and Apple is $15 for 6 people. And I believe Spotify in the US is $10 + $5 / extra person.

Sad but bye bye for now until Spotify offers a similar option in Canada

Naposoberanis, after reading your post I switched to Google Play Music also. Thanks!

Looking for an update on Family Pricing in Canada?  Ready to abandon Spotify in favour of Google Play.  I like Spotify better, but can't ignore the cost difference of $15 for Play vs $40 for 4 Spotify family users!  What's taking so long?

I moved to Google Music this week, I won't be looking back. 

This is BS. Just cancelled my membership and moving to Apple Music. Spotify.......you suck!

Still not available in canada

The product Spotify puts forward is great. Too bad their has to be so much deception on the back end. The endless hoops and hurdles that you have to go through to find any information is frustrating and unnecessary. Advertised offers that don't actually exist....you have my money now but as soon as I find a comparable product I will be gone.

8 people I know moved to Google Play Music this week. 

For those of you who are now using google play music, don't ever let your subscription run out or you'll have to completely rebuild your library lol. I used to use it, and I now completely despise GMusic and really wanna ditch spotify because of how much I'm getting ripped off just because I live in canada

Just cancelled 4 subscriptions and switched to Google play music because of the lack of a family plan in Canada

Just cancelled Spotify a few days ago. Now on Google Play and everyone in the house is happy.

Holding back the family plan for this long, dumb move Spotify, dumb move.

Suggested posts